First shot ever.... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > First shot ever....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2492 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 717

You posters that learned early from good teachers are very lucky. My 1st shot was an M1 carbine on a military range at 18. Yes I had a BB gun but that was it. My parents did not own guns. NYC upbringing I guess. I found out my dad could not be trusted around guns. He gave away 2 of mine to a couple of his old buddies. I had them stored at my parents house while I was still serving. My kids started early and I used apples. Did not think of full soda cans. I really liked the Corvette.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mine was a 20 gauge when i was 13 at a friends we just shoot trap. Parents weren't into guns, just got into gun myself teaching my 8 year old all about saftey though might have to use the car or can though it would prolly b a barbie. Which would be fun for me would love to get a head shot on a barbie!! They Hurt when u step on em

Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Besides bb guns my first shot was from a 20 guage 870 at hunter safety when i was 12. My parents are really not people so i didnt get a chance to shoot till then.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #14

We all know what you meant but you might want to edit that Biohazurd. Parents may not appreciate what you said about them. LOL (and then of course it leaves us wondering a little bit about you.) Just kidding. Have a good evening.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #15

Yeah I remember mine... But id like to forget it. It was about a year and a half ago and fired over 200 rounds with an ar and hit the paper like 8 times. I've come along way since...

tmp_fsquare.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #16

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My dad wasn't a very good teacher...in ANY area of a boy's life. He gave me a BB gun, said "line this notch up with that peg on front, don't shoot anyone"

A few years later he gave me a 12 gauge mossy 500. A few years later I stole his model 60.

Never qualified less than expert on the rifle range, as I was shooting bumble bees on the fly at 6 years old with that daisy quick silver...

Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

A long time ago, my Grandpa and I were out in the fields, and he had his .22 with him (I can't remember if it was with a .22 LR or a .22 Hornet) Well, there was this old tree next to a swampy pond, so he let me take a shot or two at it.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

double post.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

When I was 6 or so my dad took us to a sand pit. He had me shoot a Smith and Wesson 38 special j frame. It scared the heck out of me. To this day(40yrs later) I still hate to shoot that gun.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #20

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was 9 years old and was at a friends house, we were in his moms room when she was rearranging her room and lifted her mattress to move it to the hall, when I spotted her .32 laying on the boxsprings. I had never handled a handgun at the time and mistook it for a toy, partly because it was a old revolver with the wood grips missing, just the frame threw me off. I picked it up to look at it, pointing across my belly sideways to the left, I pulled the trigger. It went boom, his mom comes in screaming grabs the pistol out of my hands, that's when I seen him, my friend was across the room laying face down in a pool of blood. His mom still screaming runs over to him, lifts his head to see blood squirting out of his cheek just below his right eye. She really starts freaking, I start screaming, at this point I just imagining she's gonna shoot me, I run, ran out the door heading to my house. I could barely get the words out to tell my mom, she called for a ambulance then went to help, I being a kid could just imagine the mom coming to kill me, I hid in my bedroom closet for hours, it took our pastor , my mom dad, and my big brother to talk me out. The boy lived, bullet entered just under his right eye, spiraling through his nasal cavity resting in a bundle of nerves in his neck, Dr's couldn't remove it in fear of damaging nerves, so its still there to this day. Though just 9 at the time, it was the worst day of my life. Needless to say when I was over the shock and sadness of it all, my dad apologized for waiting to teach me about firearms ( he planned on waiting till I was 10, about 3 months to long) I vowed to learn all about guns and safety soon after.