Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   First day with my M1 Garand (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/first-day-my-m1-garand-47411/)

ArmyGuy 08-27-2011 01:48 AM

First day with my M1 Garand

1 Attachment(s)
Today I finally got the chance to take my M1 Garand (had it two weeks now) to the range. Once I got it sited in for me I had a great time. Who am I kidding, I was having a great time just shooting it before I could hit the bulls eye :D

The attached picture is a grouping of 16 rounds into a 4.5 inch red circle at 100 yds on a bench rest (iron sites of course). I am sure I looked like a kid in a candy store while I was shooting today. I can't wait to get back to the range again, hopefully next Friday :D

jjfuller1 08-27-2011 02:12 AM

nice.... super jealous. i wanted to shoot so bad today. lol

CA357 08-27-2011 02:21 AM

Excellent! There is nothing to compare with shooting a Garand. :cool:

ArmyGuy 08-27-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 570417)
nice.... super jealous. i wanted to shoot so bad today. lol

Thanks, I have been trying to go shooting every Friday for the past month and hope to continue.

I know my grouping isn't the tightest, but I was sure happy with it. I think I was more excited about just shooting the Garand than I was about how I did. I am sure that will change though the more I get to shoot it.

CA357 08-27-2011 02:24 AM

That's still pretty darn good shooting for a first outing. That's minute of Zombie all day long.

ArmyGuy 08-27-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 570426)
That's still pretty darn good shooting for a first outing. That's minute of Zombie all day long.

Thanks, I know it is good for what it is (for me that is pretty awesome). I just need to keep practicing so I can improve. I am still super stoked about shooting the M1, so I will have to practice often :)

CHLChris 08-27-2011 02:58 AM

How about a picture of the new family member? I've only recently learned about the M1 Garand and I REALLY want one. It'll have to wait, though, until a few big things in my life sell (like a car, a house, a bunch of furniture). Then maybe I can skim a little off the top.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM ping.......

That's a series of sounds I want in my future!

ArmyGuy 08-27-2011 03:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 570438)
How about a picture of the new family member? I've only recently learned about the M1 Garand and I REALLY want one. It'll have to wait, though, until a few big things in my life sell (like a car, a house, a bunch of furniture). Then maybe I can skim a little off the top.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM ping.......

That's a series of sounds I want in my future!

I love the sound of that "ping", nothing like it. Almost like a reward for pulling the trigger. I have also attached some pictures of my new baby (the M1 Garand) :D

CHLChris 08-27-2011 04:48 AM

Experts say it is the reward pinging sounds of slot machines that can make them so addicting.

Maybe the Garand ping is just to keep shooters coming back for more.

therewolf 08-27-2011 03:07 PM

It was my first rifle.

If I were any more attached, there would be

surgery involved.

IMO, the best iron sights ever.