FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1203 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That gives me a hell of an idea Sarge.

Why don't we all give a side by side comparison and see how we all do?

Everyone goes to, or lives near, a range where they rent pistols. We all take our tack drivers, rent the polymer wonder, and shoot several mags of warm up.

Then fire off three full mags into one target with each pistol, two targets total. Then post the groupings to see who shoots best with their own weapon, and shoots best with the Wonderpistol.

This would also show, across the spectrum of the forum, what an average pistol group with the Glock is.

What do you guys think?
I'd have to find a range near me that rents but I'd be down with that. I'm a glock owner so I would have to rent a 1911 and an XD but I really want a 1911 so I wouldn't mind doing that.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I'd have to find a range near me that rents but I'd be down with that. I'm a glock owner so I would have to rent a 1911 and an XD but I really want a 1911 so I wouldn't mind doing that.
Okay, that is 2 people interested.

Anyone else??

Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a Glock 19 and I liked it a bunch. In fact, it was my first semi-auto. However, I eventually contracted the 1911 fever and found that I shoot them better than any other handgun including my favorite .357.

My shooting buddy, a Marine Gunny, bought the Glock and he loves it. He shoots the hell out of it and is very accurate. It also has a bunch more capacity than any 1911 with the factory 16 round mags.

That said, with the exception of magazine capacity, I think the 1911 has it all over the polymer pistols. The polymer pistols have their place and seem to be very popular. They seem well made and they certainly have their afficionados.

The trigger and the ergonomics of a 1911 make it my choice. So, I'll stick to my 1911's and revolvers.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

There is a local place that may have a Glock 21 for rent (that would be perfect - .45 ACP versus .45 ACP, in fact I think a friend of mine has a .45 ACP Glock).

If I can get my hands on it, I'll try to make time for a quick range trip. I also have a good digital camcorder so I can record the whole thing to avoid the accusations of rigging the results.

Of course, this is all just pomp and circumstance, because it OBVIOUS that the 1911 would come WAY far ahead....lol.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I think that anyone that has a 1911, is going to shoot better with a 1911 than with a Glock. That is just the nature of the beast.

HOWEVER:

Showing how well you shoot with a 1911, and the posting YOUR results with the Polymer Wonder, would tell the tale.

Personally, I don't shoot bad with a Glock, I just don't trust them.

I think it deserves it's own thread, and everyone of our pistol crack shots should take part, to get real world evaluation out there.

This could be a thread with wide reaching impact. The more I think about this, the more I would like to see EVERYONE with a pistol opinion OTHER than a Glock, take part in this.

I am all in. If the Sarge is willing to start us off, I will go to the range next weekend and put their rental Glock against my personal choice for carry piece and post results.

I really think this could be a VERY informative and VERY good thread.

JD

Old 08-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'll check to see if the Glock is still available for rent (it's about 20 bucks a week to rent out). If so, I will try to make time to get to the range to kick this off.

If anything, it'll be real fun. I'm going to compare multiple other brands in this way also (i.e. XD9 versus Ruger P95 versus Hi-Point C9).

Hopefully, I can make this work. I'll let y'all know within the next few days if it's a go or no-go for me.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I would love to, but there is no range even near me. I live in the middle of nowhere. Everyone shoots on private property. There is a large gun store about 45 mins away, and they don't have a range either. I will have to live through youse guys. Have fun effers.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Wow that is impressive marksmanship on that target!

I am a glock owner but I take issue with your challenge, I could have a Kimber Custom II or a XD but I'm not nearly that good of a shooter so I know I won't match those results (maybe 5-6" groups firing at that speed, MAYBE).

Don't be so hard on yourself, my groups are allways twice as large shooting a Glock than with my worst 1911!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Glocks make awesome area-target weapons...

Old 08-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Great video, Sarge!