Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nice shooting!! I am another who has found that the I shoot more accurately with a 1911!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

spittinfire posted:

Quote:
You redeemed yourself as I read your first post, the first XD comment was questionable but I'll let it slide.
Which comment specifically?

Are you talking about my statement about the XD running perfect after 1150 rounds?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
spittinfire posted:
Which comment specifically?

Are you talking about my statement about the XD running perfect after 1150 rounds?
No, this one....

1. The Kimber 1911 is top quality!!! From now on, I will laugh hysterically if anyone ever compares a Glock, Springfield, or any other polymer wonder to a Kimber.

was then redeemed by,

4. My Springfield XD9 performed flawlessly as usual, and is now up to an official 1150 rounds with ZERO, that's right ZERO malfunctions. I will admit I am really finicky about my weapons, so they stay very clean. That may be the reason, but I think that also speaks volumes for the XD lineup.

I think it's fairly clear to everyone that I'm an XD fan. They feel so good in my hand and I can grab and point my 45 and know what I'm hitting. After several thousand rounds thru it with no problems at all, I'm hooked.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm a dedicated XD fan also. I love my XD, and I will not hesitate to defend them, BUT they are not even close to the 1911. No polymer handgun is. The 1911 trigger alone is light years ahead of any stock polymer trigger.

Now, when compared to other polymer pistols, like the Glock, I believe the XD is a cut above the rest. Springfield was thinking straight when they found the HS 2000 in Europe, and decided to import it under the XD name.

I've actually debated getting a Glock 19 (under military discount, which is hundreds of $$ less than standard retail), just so I can do a comparison between the two. Then I would do a comparison between the Glock 19 and the Hi-Point C9 just to piss people off....lol.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm not fighting against the 1911. The linear trigger is something I'm going to have to overcome, I need more time with it.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #16

Yeah but,....can you hold it sideways while grabbing your crotch and displaying your gold tooth?

Seriously congrats, my best friend has a custom II and I'm totaly jelious, it shoots rings around my Colts.

I've had a few 1st round bullseyes before, just wasn't smart enough to quit shooting and go home,...........

Last edited by mr1911; 08-23-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Wow that is impressive marksmanship on that target!

I am a glock owner but I take issue with your challenge, I could have a Kimber Custom II or a XD but I'm not nearly that good of a shooter so I know I won't match those results (maybe 5-6" groups firing at that speed, MAYBE). So my suggestion would be for you to find a Glock and take all 3 guns to the range. Then compare your targets.

Or mail me your Kimber and I'll shoot it and my Glock and post the results. I'll mail it right back to ya, promise.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Already owned and shot a few Glocks. I did not shoot even close to the level of accuracy that I do with a 1911. The grip angle/feel is what does it for me.

Of course, the challenge is meant to stir the pot a little. It was a small attempt at maybe getting a little forum competition going.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post

Of course, the challenge is meant to stir the pot a little. It was a small attempt at maybe getting a little forum competition going.
That gives me a hell of an idea Sarge.

Why don't we all give a side by side comparison and see how we all do?

Everyone goes to, or lives near, a range where they rent pistols. We all take our tack drivers, rent the polymer wonder, and shoot several mags of warm up.

Then fire off three full mags into one target with each pistol, two targets total. Then post the groupings to see who shoots best with their own weapon, and shoots best with the Wonderpistol.

This would also show, across the spectrum of the forum, what an average pistol group with the Glock is.

What do you guys think?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #20

Excellent shooting and Kimber don't make no junk. One of the finest made, The Springfield is nice, but Kimber has the edge.