I made it out to the range today to fire my two favorite sidearms in my meager inventory.
This video pretty much sums it up.
1. The Kimber 1911 is top quality!!! From now on, I will laugh hysterically if anyone ever compares a Glock, Springfield, or any other polymer wonder to a Kimber.
2. The FIRST round I fired out of my brand new Kimber was a bullseye! That speaks volumes for the quality of the weapon.
3. No malfunctions were encountered even though I was using cheapo Wolf brand 230 grain FMJ ammo.
4. My Springfield XD9 performed flawlessly as usual, and is now up to an official 1150 rounds with ZERO, that's right ZERO malfunctions. I will admit I am really finicky about my weapons, so they stay very clean. That may be the reason, but I think that also speaks volumes for the XD lineup.
5. These two sidearms are officially named as my Glock killers. If that offends any Glock people, I honestly don't care. These weapons are a cut above the rest, and they have both proven their worth to me.
I recommend everyone hear to at least test fire one of these weapons if they haven't done so.
P.S. In case some people missed it in the video, this is the picture of the very FIRST shot I fired out of my Kimber at 15 yards, offhand. POA/POI was dead on. That is true 1911 performance right there!!!