Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9

I made it out to the range today to fire my two favorite sidearms in my meager inventory.

This video pretty much sums it up.

Main points:

1. The Kimber 1911 is top quality!!! From now on, I will laugh hysterically if anyone ever compares a Glock, Springfield, or any other polymer wonder to a Kimber.

2. The FIRST round I fired out of my brand new Kimber was a bullseye! That speaks volumes for the quality of the weapon.

3. No malfunctions were encountered even though I was using cheapo Wolf brand 230 grain FMJ ammo.

4. My Springfield XD9 performed flawlessly as usual, and is now up to an official 1150 rounds with ZERO, that's right ZERO malfunctions. I will admit I am really finicky about my weapons, so they stay very clean. That may be the reason, but I think that also speaks volumes for the XD lineup.

5. These two sidearms are officially named as my Glock killers. If that offends any Glock people, I honestly don't care. These weapons are a cut above the rest, and they have both proven their worth to me.

I recommend everyone hear to at least test fire one of these weapons if they haven't done so.

P.S. In case some people missed it in the video, this is the picture of the very FIRST shot I fired out of my Kimber at 15 yards, offhand. POA/POI was dead on. That is true 1911 performance right there!!!

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 08-16-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo error...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2009, 12:59 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

DAMN!!!!
That is impressive Sgt. That is damn impressive.

All hail the Glock Killers!!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!!

JD

Old 08-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks JD.

I invite all the members on this forum to check out my youtube channel (username is millerusaf). I only have a few basic videos on there, but I have a lot of favorites that are very, very informational, and worth the look.

I'm hoping to post up some better videos of the Kimber in action on my next range outing. Once I get more comfortable with it, I'll move the targets out to 25-35 yards, and give it a whirl.

I also challenge all of the Glock owners to post up their best targets at 15 yards!!!!!!!

.............yea........I went there.

The first official FTF Glock versus 1911 shoot off!!! Bring it!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #4

Very nice SGT. Nice gun and shooting. That is very impressive. I wish I was that friggin accurate on the first shot!

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Excellent shooting Sgt, damn good gun control, good stance. Center eye first shot, I am humbled by your skill. Screw them Glocks, your my hero, damn fine shooting!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #6

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Consistency, with any weapon is always a plus. Some hot shooting there and I'd say that the bad guys would be in a world of hurt if they ever decide to mess around with you. Not just center mass...the center of center mass.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. I am humbled.

The design of the 1911 has alot to do with it, though. That easy straight-pull 3-4 pound trigger makes a big difference in keeping those shots in the center of center mass.

I will state seriously that I don't want to purposely insult Glocks and Glock owners. Everything I have said is in good spirits, and I hope nobody gets too offended by it.

If you shoot really good with the Glock, then I encourage you to post up your targets here with a quickness.

In the end, it doesn't matter the brand so much. What matters is the shooter.

To each their own. That's what makes the firearms world interesting.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good shooting Sarge. Enjoy that pistola.

I also shoot 1911's more accurately than any other handgun.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You redeemed yourself as I read your first post, the first XD comment was questionable but I'll let it slide.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Well done sir.