Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Range Report (
-   -   FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9 (

SGT-MILLER 08-16-2009 12:53 AM

FINALLY! Range Report for Kimber Custom II and Springfield XD9
I made it out to the range today to fire my two favorite sidearms in my meager inventory.

This video pretty much sums it up.

Main points:

1. The Kimber 1911 is top quality!!! From now on, I will laugh hysterically if anyone ever compares a Glock, Springfield, or any other polymer wonder to a Kimber.

2. The FIRST round I fired out of my brand new Kimber was a bullseye! That speaks volumes for the quality of the weapon.

3. No malfunctions were encountered even though I was using cheapo Wolf brand 230 grain FMJ ammo.

4. My Springfield XD9 performed flawlessly as usual, and is now up to an official 1150 rounds with ZERO, that's right ZERO malfunctions. I will admit I am really finicky about my weapons, so they stay very clean. That may be the reason, but I think that also speaks volumes for the XD lineup.

5. These two sidearms are officially named as my Glock killers. If that offends any Glock people, I honestly don't care. These weapons are a cut above the rest, and they have both proven their worth to me.

I recommend everyone hear to at least test fire one of these weapons if they haven't done so.

P.S. In case some people missed it in the video, this is the picture of the very FIRST shot I fired out of my Kimber at 15 yards, offhand. POA/POI was dead on. That is true 1911 performance right there!!!

Dillinger 08-16-2009 12:59 AM

That is impressive Sgt. That is damn impressive.

All hail the Glock Killers!!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!! :cool:

SGT-MILLER 08-16-2009 01:39 AM

Thanks JD.

I invite all the members on this forum to check out my youtube channel (username is millerusaf). I only have a few basic videos on there, but I have a lot of favorites that are very, very informational, and worth the look.

I'm hoping to post up some better videos of the Kimber in action on my next range outing. Once I get more comfortable with it, I'll move the targets out to 25-35 yards, and give it a whirl.

I also challenge all of the Glock owners to post up their best targets at 15 yards!!!!!!!

.............yea........I went there.

The first official FTF Glock versus 1911 shoot off!!! Bring it!!!

Shotgun Shooter 08-16-2009 01:48 AM

Very nice SGT. Nice gun and shooting. That is very impressive. I wish I was that friggin accurate on the first shot!

IGETEVEN 08-16-2009 01:12 PM

Excellent shooting Sgt, damn good gun control, good stance. Center eye first shot, I am humbled by your skill. Screw them Glocks, your my hero, damn fine shooting! :)

AcidFlashGordon 08-16-2009 01:41 PM

Consistency, with any weapon is always a plus. Some hot shooting there and I'd say that the bad guys would be in a world of hurt if they ever decide to mess around with you. Not just center mass...the center of center mass.

SGT-MILLER 08-16-2009 01:51 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I am humbled.

The design of the 1911 has alot to do with it, though. That easy straight-pull 3-4 pound trigger makes a big difference in keeping those shots in the center of center mass.

I will state seriously that I don't want to purposely insult Glocks and Glock owners. Everything I have said is in good spirits, and I hope nobody gets too offended by it.

If you shoot really good with the Glock, then I encourage you to post up your targets here with a quickness.

In the end, it doesn't matter the brand so much. What matters is the shooter.

To each their own. That's what makes the firearms world interesting.

CA357 08-16-2009 06:21 PM

Good shooting Sarge. Enjoy that pistola. :cool:

I also shoot 1911's more accurately than any other handgun.

spittinfire 08-17-2009 03:01 PM

You redeemed yourself as I read your first post, the first XD comment was questionable but I'll let it slide.

Jo da Plumbr 08-17-2009 03:09 PM

Well done sir.