finally long over due range trip
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

finally long over due range trip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default finally long over due range trip

Those of you that have followed me; since last December I have bought several new firearms, a EAA Windicator .357 magnum, Marlin 60 .22lr rifle, Ruger 22/45 Mark III .22lr pistol, Sccy CPX-2 & DPMS Oracle .223/5.56 AR-15 rifle. Finally on November 1st I made it to the range, for the first time since last year. The EAA shot flawlessly and was OK on accuracy at approximately 7-10 yards, which for a snub nose, isn't bad. The Marlin was dead accurate with almost every round hitting which in a 1/2" of dead center and shot flawlessly, other than one or two rounds not ejecting, which wasn't bad since I shot 118 rounds through it and .22's are known to be kind of finicky. The Ruger was fairly decent on accuracy as well and I shot 110 rounds through it and it only had like 1 or 2 hiccups, nothing major. The Sccy as usual was pretty good on accuracy.......the only hiccup I ran in to is one of the mags kept jamming on me due to a problem with the spring. Haven't had time to call Sccy yet about it but I'm sure they'll handle it with no problem. Other then that I shot a little over 100 rounds with and had no problems with the gun itself and it was just as much pleasure shooting it, as I remember my last Sccy being. On the DPMS I shot 180 rounds through it, it wasn't very accurate as I do not have no back up iron sites, only a red dot and we couldn't get it dialed in worth a damn. However it shot good, the only problem was 1 or 2 rounds getting tangled and had to use some efforrt to get them free'd but for the amount of rounds fired for the first time shooting, you have to expect a couple minor hiccups. I also shot my Smith & Wesson .32 S&W long cartridge revolver that I've shot before and is an older weapon for me. It shot flawlessly as usual and for a snub nose is fairly accurate.

Current Firearms:
Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 82
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Sears Model 25 made my High Standard
Mossberg 715T

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3533 Times on 2133 Posts
Likes Given: 3249

You have a lot more guns than I do. And it sounds like you shoot better as well. At 7-10 yards I'm lucky if I can keep the groups down to 3-4 inches or so. I shoot mostly XDm semi-auto pistols in IDPA. I also shoot my S&W 686 in 38spl or 357mag. Only rated Marksman in 4 of the 5 divisions. I still get jumpy shooting 357.

Even so, if you have a problem with a mag spring, you should try cleaning it thoroughly and reassembling (even if it was new) before returning it. Inspect the follower to see if there are any rough edges. Make sure the spring has the correct form when expanded open (no unnatural bends, kinks, etc.). Make sure it seats correctly at top and bottom when reassembling.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.