Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > finally!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default finally!

This morning me and my dad went shooting I took my heritage arms single action 22LR and he brought his 7mm Rem Mag, he finally got all the stuff together and loaded up some rounds and we shot about 30 rounds through it.

The factory loads had more of a snap sharp recoil where the reloads where more of a soft push and were pretty nice to shoot and easy on the shoulder.

Also these where his first rounds that he's ever reloaded, the gun didn't explode, all rounds made it out of the barrel with decent accuracy and the only thing that was hurt was the steel we were shooting at so all and all it was a pretty good day.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #2

Liked 2365 Times on 1476 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
This morning me and my dad went shooting I took my heritage arms single action 22LR and he brought his 7mm Rem Mag, he finally got all the stuff together and loaded up some rounds and we shot about 30 rounds through it. The factory loads had more of a snap sharp recoil where the reloads where more of a soft push and were pretty nice to shoot and easy on the shoulder. Also these where his first rounds that he's ever reloaded, the gun didn't explode, all rounds made it out of the barrel with decent accuracy and the only thing that was hurt was the steel we were shooting at so all and all it was a pretty good day.
Sounds like a good time. Where to do y'all shoot.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #3

We have some family owned land we go and shoot on, they're pretty picky about who's they allow on it. Took a month of beggin to get my girlfriend out there. We ended up forgetting the targets so we had to settle for a steel plate and a thing of paint for a target.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

You guys ever make it out to Knob creek?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 10-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #5

nope ive been there a few times but with how busy I usually am I dont have near as much time as I want.

BE PREPARED

Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #6

Liked 2365 Times on 1476 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I've gone once. To damn busy for me. Wasn't a fan of it. However it is a place to shoot.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
This morning me and my dad went shooting I took my heritage arms single action 22LR and he brought his 7mm Rem Mag, he finally got all the stuff together and loaded up some rounds and we shot about 30 rounds through it.

The factory loads had more of a snap sharp recoil where the reloads where more of a soft push and were pretty nice to shoot and easy on the shoulder.

Also these where his first rounds that he's ever reloaded, the gun didn't explode, all rounds made it out of the barrel with decent accuracy and the only thing that was hurt was the steel we were shooting at so all and all it was a pretty good day.
I'm going to the range tomorrow to shoot my new 7mm rem mag for the first time, I can't wait!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Sounds like a blast. Glad you had a good time.

Also glad his reloads are good to go.

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #9

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post

Sounds like a great time at the range!
7mm rem's an excellent cartridge,i've been shooting one for quite some time now and handloading is a great way to load custom ammo below the cost premium ammo prices.
Glad to hear the reloading is going well,it can be a fun hobby in itself.