A few of my favorite pistols - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > A few of my favorite pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
Nice shooting. I am thinking about getting a colt new agent. How is the recoil? Did it shoot good right out of the case or was there some break in time? Thank you for your help. Ed
normally small frame pistols are difficult to shoot. for some reason the recoil and controllability in the new agent/defender design is on par with the full size 1911s. i actually find it a bit faster for follow ups than my series 70 colt. but i think that is more due to the fast trench sight it s a more instinctive shooting style with those sights.

shot great right out of the box. colt's claim is if their guns have problems out of the box and require a "break-in" period there is something wrong with the gun and should be sent back for service. ive got about 400 rounds through the new agent atm and no failures at all.

there is some adjustment to the sight style as it is radically different than traditional style and is actually a throwback to the early colt revolver days. if you dont like the trench system the defender line is the exact same gun with traditional sights.

my new agent will feed empty shell casings from the magazine. ive about 6 different brands of hp ammo with no failures. the mags it comes with hold 7 and will not work with a fullsize frame but the new agent and defender work just fine with the mags from a full size 1911. so you dont need to be a bunch of specialized mags for it. just use the ones it came with and use regular less pricey mags for extra when ccwing.

the only downside is the recoil spring needs to be changed every 500 rounds or so according to colt to make the gun reliable with extended use. so its not a gun your gonna want to run 20,000 rounds through in a year. when i go to the range i take it and shoot 100 rounds each trip to keep my hand in.

i highly recomend the new agent/defender 1911's.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks JonM for your help and info. Deciding on a 1911 is hard to do with so many out there. Have a good weekend!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

that was some nice shooting. rather shoot next to you than some of the people i see at the range.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
that was some nice shooting. rather shoot next to you than some of the people i see at the range.
thanks i like letting people shoot my guns i rarely get to see them in action other than from the back. most people i run into here in wis got glocks or xd or run of the mill deer rifles. most cant shoot worth a damn. ive had holes apear in my targets from guys 3 or 4 bays down...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...