Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   A few of my favorite pistols (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/few-my-favorite-pistols-36574/)

JonM 01-07-2011 11:22 PM

A few of my favorite pistols
 
i shot more than pictured but i put multiple groups into the same targets i took these pics for clarity. all shots are 7-10 yards

First up my bersa thunder plus 380. since there is interested in these little guns i did three different things with it each group is 15+1 with UMC 95grn fmj.

first shot DA 15 SA

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/733/img0439ib.jpg

16 DAO

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6438/img0440w.jpg

15+1 starting DAO rapid fire

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/263/img0441u.jpg

next is my most prized 1911. i only take her out occasionally. she is an ithaca 1911A1 made in 1944 and always turns in the best groups of all my pistols. this particular 8 shot 7+1 group at 7 yards fits inside the trigger guard. its been shot so much the barrel is nearly a smooth bore.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3025/img0442ch.jpg

continued...

JonM 01-07-2011 11:23 PM

my springfield 1911A1

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/830/img0443t.jpg

my new colt series 70 1911. i had this on order for nearly 5 months before it finally showed up.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6883/img0444m.jpg

the little but effective colt new agent. i realllllly like this little shooter

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6477/img0445nj.jpg

im not very good with revolvers and i dont take the python out much it can shoot faaar better than this. revolver folks ive let shoot have turned in groups less tha half inch at 10 yards with it. but this is the best i can do.
i just dont spend a lot of tme shooting revolvers.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6672/img0446oc.jpg

7point62 01-07-2011 11:36 PM

Nice collection. I like the Ithaca and Agent. Python's the beast. Good shooting.

canebrake 01-07-2011 11:51 PM

Nice M1911A1 Ithaca, but then I'm biased.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...toreleft-3.jpg

Uchahi 01-08-2011 12:06 AM

Very nice bro.

CA357 01-08-2011 12:11 AM

Nice handguns, good shooting. :cool:

JonM 01-08-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 417353)
Nice M1911A1 Ithaca, but then I'm biased.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...toreleft-3.jpg

i really like yours but i got thing for ithaca 1911s. i been thinking about replacing the trigger group internals and bagging the original parts in the back of the safe. give it a better trigger pull with a drop in kit and see what she'll do.

canebrake 01-09-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 417419)
i really like yours but i got thing for ithaca 1911s.

Mine is an Ithaca.


http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ebrake/1-1.jpg

JonM 01-09-2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 418317)

your ithaca is in better shape than mine. im jealous. do you shoot it any?? when was it made??

eborden1122 01-20-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 417339)
my springfield 1911A1

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/830/img0443t.jpg

my new colt series 70 1911. i had this on order for nearly 5 months before it finally showed up.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6883/img0444m.jpg

the little but effective colt new agent. i realllllly like this little shooter

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6477/img0445nj.jpg

im not very good with revolvers and i dont take the python out much it can shoot faaar better than this. revolver folks ive let shoot have turned in groups less tha half inch at 10 yards with it. but this is the best i can do.
i just dont spend a lot of tme shooting revolvers.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6672/img0446oc.jpg



Nice shooting. I am thinking about getting a colt new agent. How is the recoil? Did it shoot good right out of the case or was there some break in time? Thank you for your help. Ed


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.