Feeling feisty!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Feeling feisty!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Feeling feisty!!

Got a little energy today after chemo so gonna' try the new S&W PD. Wife wanted a .380 but could't find one anywhere so got her a Tauras 111 in 9mill. Managed to pick up a white box each of nine and .45 so I''ll give you a verbal of accuracy. You have to forgive me guys, got no no motor skills with chemo and 12 rounds of radiation. Get back to you later...

God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is "NO"

Last edited by 2fas2c; 09-20-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: mistakes

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Glad to hear you're motivated. I know that what you're dealing with will beat a person down both physically and mentally. You don't have a videographer for this stuff?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

In the beginning of my treatment, I had Chemo, infused through a PICC line 24/7 and radiation every morning monday through friday for six weeks in an effort to shrink the tumor to a manageable size in preparation for surgery. I was sick and in pain daily.

Then came time for healing, leading up to eight hours of surgery. That was followed by another four months of chemo.

Exhaustion, diarrhea and nausea were my daily companions. It's no fun and it's nasty as Hell.

People, no matter how sympathetic and well meaning, that haven't been there can't understand. You have my support and empathy Amigo. If I can be of any help, let me know.

CA357

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Had 6months of chemotherapy myself. 4-5hr drip 4days a week every other week. During my off weeks I managed to get up and around a little bit, but as soon as I felt better it was time for more chemo. I know exactly how that poison works and what it does to someone.

May God bless and be with you brother.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #5

Basically going to be a bump and run. Going somewhere and have a little time for the wife to bang. Already know what the S&W will do, love my Colts, but am gonna' tell you guys this is one of the sweetest shooting commanders I've ever wrapped a d**k skinner around. When I get dedicated range time I'll take pictures of groups. (video camera grew legs). S&W, dead-on at 15 yd. 1.25 spread. Taur. 1.50 spread, 1.75 below S&W.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

You had 1.5" groups with a new taurus pt111 9mm at 15 yards?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #7

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When y'all talk about groups, are you talking about standing or from a rest? When these gun makers make their guarantees about groupings, I have to assume they can only guarantee if fired from a rest......?

Old 09-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Anytime I shoot a handgun, it's standing and not using a rest. I believe that's how to practice shooting a handgun. Anything else is some kind of target practice of a rather non-useful sort.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I shoot, "off hand" , meaning I'm standing and holding with two hands. The manufacturer's capabilities for the firearm are from a machine rest, I believe.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #10

Had to be somewhere quick. We each took ten shots. I had ten in the head all bunched, and the wife aimed at the neck. Hers were all lip to chest and center mass. For a new shooter I'd take her along. As for the 111...out the box and not cleaned. Said we had somewhere to be.