face lifted AR-15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > face lifted AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default face lifted AR-15

Put another 100rds through the new/old AR-15
I tried out the federal 55 gr that i bought from wally world. a little side note about this ammo...its not very good had about 10 FTF. There was a clear indent on the primer but it didn't fire and i've never had a problem with this before so bad ammo?
well the first target is irons sights at 50 yrds off a block of wood
the second is with the eotech
must say pretty satisfied with the results
and because my spring break i went early and there was no one on the rifle range so i had it all to my self

img_4626.jpg   img_4632.jpg  

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Last edited by junho806; 03-24-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

looks like some good shootin to me junho806...def. killshots everytime you pulled the trigger...well...except for the 10FTF's...wth?...federal ammo too?...thats really odd...i buy the lowest of the barrel that wally-world carrys,(mostly win.9mm) but have purchased tons of 12ga.,.223 winchester brand,9mills,and 22lr and i have never had any FTF's from store bought ammo from wally...your hammer spring isnt getting weak?...is it?try a diffrent wally world next time...10FTF's just sounds very odd coming from a fed brand...keep up the great shooting bro....

Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
looks like some good shootin to me junho806...def. killshots everytime you pulled the trigger...well...except for the 10FTF's...wth?...federal ammo too?...thats really odd...i buy the lowest of the barrel that wally-world carrys,(mostly win.9mm) but have purchased tons of 12ga.,.223 winchester brand,9mills,and 22lr and i have never had any FTF's from store bought ammo from wally...your hammer spring isnt getting weak?...is it?try a diffrent wally world next time...10FTF's just sounds very odd coming from a fed brand...keep up the great shooting bro....
yeah i've used their 22lr and they work fine
you think its because i changed the springs to 4.5-5 lbs?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Nice Shooting !! Looks like I need some more practice. I was feeling good about my last trip to the range but you blew that outta' the water..lol...
Keep up the good work !!..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #5

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

im not sure junho...im no ar-armorer by a long shot...i have a couple ar's and both are about as stock as ya can get...i would say ''just a guess'' it sounds like the ammo to me...hard primers maybe?looks like the ar's would have some type of spring loaded firing pin instead of the floateri wouldnt sweat it...if ya think it could be the lighter hammer/trigger spring...throw ya stock one back in and if you still have some of the FTFammo left...blast off! and see what happensgood luck and keep up the good shootin

Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
There was a clear indent on the primer but it didn't fire and i've never had a problem with this before so bad ammo?
First of all, good shootin!
Don't forget to make sure the chamber/locking lug area is clean as well as the
BCG. It sounds like you do quite a bit of shooting. If you're shooting alot of inexpensive ammo in a humid climate it's easy to get a sticky buildup in these areas.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

BTW, I'm front left in my avatar pic.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
I purchased a bulk box of federal 22 from wally world and after a couple rounds they wouldn't cycle the action completely in my 10/22, they would go enough to chamber the next round but they wouldn't reset the hammer for the next shot. I disassembled and checked my rifle but there was no problem on the internals and it worked fine with CCI's so I have some minor doubts about federal ammo now.

GOOD SHOOTIN BY THE WAY!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Very good shooting and I'm glad to see you were using an EOTECH. I have one mounted on one of my AR's but haven't had the time to sight it in. I also wondered how well they would work, now I know.
On the FTF problem you might consider changing the firing pin, depending on how many rounds have been through your AR.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
Life member: NRA, GOA, VVA, Front Sight Firearm Training

Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmaker View Post
Very good shooting and I'm glad to see you were using an EOTECH. I have one mounted on one of my AR's but haven't had the time to sight it in. I also wondered how well they would work, now I know.
On the FTF problem you might consider changing the firing pin, depending on how many rounds have been through your AR.
have had less than 500 rds through it so it can't be the firing pin?
i checked it and it seemed the same/normal