Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   face lifted AR-15 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/face-lifted-ar-15-a-25089/)

junho806 03-24-2010 02:12 AM

face lifted AR-15

2 Attachment(s)
Put another 100rds through the new/old AR-15
I tried out the federal 55 gr that i bought from wally world. a little side note about this ammo...its not very good had about 10 FTF. There was a clear indent on the primer but it didn't fire and i've never had a problem with this before so bad ammo?
well the first target is irons sights at 50 yrds off a block of wood
the second is with the eotech
must say pretty satisfied with the results
and because my spring break i went early and there was no one on the rifle range so i had it all to my self
:D

m72law 03-24-2010 02:30 AM

looks like some good shootin to me junho806...def. killshots everytime you pulled the trigger...well...except for the 10FTF's...wth?...federal ammo too?...thats really odd...i buy the lowest of the barrel that wally-world carrys,(mostly win.9mm) but have purchased tons of 12ga.,.223 winchester brand,9mills,and 22lr and i have never had any FTF's from store bought ammo from wally...your hammer spring isnt getting weak?...is it?try a diffrent wally world next time...10FTF's just sounds very odd coming from a fed brand...keep up the great shooting bro....;)

junho806 03-24-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m72law (Post 256214)
looks like some good shootin to me junho806...def. killshots everytime you pulled the trigger...well...except for the 10FTF's...wth?...federal ammo too?...thats really odd...i buy the lowest of the barrel that wally-world carrys,(mostly win.9mm) but have purchased tons of 12ga.,.223 winchester brand,9mills,and 22lr and i have never had any FTF's from store bought ammo from wally...your hammer spring isnt getting weak?...is it?try a diffrent wally world next time...10FTF's just sounds very odd coming from a fed brand...keep up the great shooting bro....;)

yeah i've used their 22lr and they work fine
you think its because i changed the springs to 4.5-5 lbs?

yesicarry 03-24-2010 07:58 PM

Nice Shooting !! Looks like I need some more practice. I was feeling good about my last trip to the range but you blew that outta' the water..lol...
Keep up the good work !!..

m72law 03-25-2010 01:54 AM

im not sure junho...im no ar-armorer by a long shot...i have a couple ar's and both are about as stock as ya can get...i would say ''just a guess'' it sounds like the ammo to me...hard primers maybe?looks like the ar's would have some type of spring loaded firing pin instead of the floater:confused:i wouldnt sweat it...if ya think it could be the lighter hammer/trigger spring...throw ya stock one back in and if you still have some of the FTFammo left...blast off!:D and see what happens:cool:good luck and keep up the good shootin

753X0 03-26-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junho806 (Post 256182)
There was a clear indent on the primer but it didn't fire and i've never had a problem with this before so bad ammo?
:D

First of all, good shootin!
Don't forget to make sure the chamber/locking lug area is clean as well as the
BCG. It sounds like you do quite a bit of shooting. If you're shooting alot of inexpensive ammo in a humid climate it's easy to get a sticky buildup in these areas.

ta1588 03-29-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m72law (Post 256214)

I purchased a bulk box of federal 22 from wally world and after a couple rounds they wouldn't cycle the action completely in my 10/22, they would go enough to chamber the next round but they wouldn't reset the hammer for the next shot. I disassembled and checked my rifle but there was no problem on the internals and it worked fine with CCI's so I have some minor doubts about federal ammo now.

GOOD SHOOTIN BY THE WAY!

Rodmaker 03-30-2010 05:50 PM

Very good shooting and I'm glad to see you were using an EOTECH. I have one mounted on one of my AR's but haven't had the time to sight it in. I also wondered how well they would work, now I know.
On the FTF problem you might consider changing the firing pin, depending on how many rounds have been through your AR.

junho806 03-31-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodmaker (Post 260571)
Very good shooting and I'm glad to see you were using an EOTECH. I have one mounted on one of my AR's but haven't had the time to sight it in. I also wondered how well they would work, now I know.
On the FTF problem you might consider changing the firing pin, depending on how many rounds have been through your AR.

have had less than 500 rds through it so it can't be the firing pin?
i checked it and it seemed the same/normal