Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   exploding targets+car? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/exploding-targets-car-71196/)

Wi_Hunter556 08-27-2012 12:57 AM

exploding targets+car?

Hey guys, my brother bought a beater car for a demo derby and it hasnt moved or been touched since we parked it for good. We do plan on scrapping it but we want it to leave the farm with a bang. The local supply store sells star exploding targets, same thing as tannerite.

My question is can i get in trouble if we blow up the car? Im on the local fd so id take all the necessary safe guards preventing a fire from starting. I have a 500 gallon water tank that fits on the back of my truck and a tractor that i can use to create at dirt burm.

I plan on doing this on a wet weekend when the fire danger is low, i dont want to set one of my hay fields on fire.

What are your thoughts?

slim325 08-27-2012 01:03 AM

When n where ill bring the fixings for smores

Wi_Hunter556 08-27-2012 11:52 AM

Haha, hayward wi

JD1969 09-01-2012 04:38 PM

I'm a few hours away. Lets have a BBQ!

g2gunny 09-18-2012 07:37 PM

Thanks awesome!

g2gunny 09-18-2012 07:38 PM

Be careful though...if you set off earth quake sensors the gov will get on your ass!

Wi_Hunter556 09-19-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g2gunny
Be careful though...if you set off earth quake sensors the gov will get on your ass!

Yeah i watched the youtube video where the guy in minnesota blew a dump truck in their quarry and set alarms of at a nuke power plant. I dont have anything like that within a hundred miles.

Bad news is the 300 bucks i had for ammo and tannerite has to go back into my truck, the back glass blew out over the weekend.

MarkAD 09-19-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 (Post 946376)
Yeah i watched the youtube video where the guy in minnesota blew a dump truck in their quarry and set alarms of at a nuke power plant. I dont have anything like that within a hundred miles.

Bad news is the 300 bucks i had for ammo and tannerite has to go back into my truck, the back glass blew out over the weekend.

You must be one of them there "hobby farmers" any real farmer would use heavy plastic and duct tape till they git the money to fix the window and would still blow up the car. i bet you don't shoot in the rain either. :D:D

WebleyFosbery38 09-19-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkAD (Post 946626)
You must be one of them there "hobby farmers" any real farmer would use heavy plastic and duct tape till they git the money to fix the window and would still blow up the car. i bet you don't shoot in the rain either. :D:D

Most farm trucks Ive riden in dont even have a back window, some dont have a windshield (makes it easier to fire a LAW when on the move if you have both removed first (Unlike Rocky in the helicopter)!

In NY, you couldnt flame that vehicle without a burn permit!

Wi_Hunter556 09-19-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkAD

Hahaha ive played the poly and gorilla tape game before id much rather have it fixed with no dickin around. And i have stainless guns for wet weather!