Enlightenment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Enlightenment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Enlightenment

I finally shot the masterpiece that God gifted John Moses Browning with the design of. I LOVE THE 1911! It is the smoothest shooting, and most perfecting feeling handgun I have ever shot. Handsdown. At my local range I rented the only 1911 they had, a Kimber Custom II. I only shot 50 rounds, but they were the greatest 50 rounds to be put through a barrel. My first target was a 7 yards all slow fire, with 3-4 mags at the chest, and 1 mag to the medulla. My second target was at 15 yards, 2-3 mags of slow fire to the chest, and a 7 yard rapid fire to the face.

p.s. It cost me $56 to rent the Kimber, 50 rounds, and 2 targets. WHAT THE F^CK!

target-1.jpg   target-2.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Kimber makes a GREAT 1911!! Glad you liked it.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

JD, we got us another one!

Wait until you shoot a Colt!

There is a reason the 1911 pattern pistol is rapidly approaching 100 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
JD, we got us another one!

Wait until you shoot a Colt!

There is a reason the 1911 pattern pistol is rapidly approaching 100 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only took me 10 years to shoot one after I first been interested in them.

Is $900 good for a USED Colt Gold Cup.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 01-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You've now reached handgun nirvana.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
You've now reached handgun nirvana.
Thats why I titled the thread "Enlightenment." Now I just have to come across some coin to buy one so I dont pay 56 bucks just to shoot 50 rounds.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup, now it's time to figure out which 1911 you want. Enjoy the search.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams