The ammunition used today was all Greek HXP surplus M2 Ball.
It took about ten rounds to get it on paper at 50 yards. When I reassembled the rifle after refurbishing it, I just approximated the scope position. But once it was there, it was pretty well dialed. The cloverleaf is the last three shots at 50 yds.
Then I took it out to 100 yards and it did pretty well. I figured the rifle was okay, but I wasn't able to really steady myself up today for some reason. So the crummy shooting is me, not the rifle.
Then we headed over to the 300 yard range. The long distance picture is looking downrange 300yds. from the benches.
My first 10 rounds were on paper, but way low. I adjusted my aim and aimed at the center of the head area of the silhouette target and hit at about 10 o'clock and around 5" left.
That's where I had some problems. The next several rounds wouldn't chamber all the way. They'd load, but wouldn't completely chamber. They stuck out maybe 1/8". I didn't have a cleaning rod, so I had to borrow one from another shooter. I did that a few times, but I didn't want to be a PITA, so I packed it up.
When I got home, I cleaned the barrel for probably an hour and went at the chamber with a chamber brush. I used Hoppes Elite Bore Gel, Sweets 7.62 and finished off with spray Hoppes Elite. A bunch
of copper came out. I don't know how good I got the chamber, but it has to be a whole lot better than it was.
I figure the chamber was gummed up and that's why those last rounds wouldn't chamber all the way. BTW, there's very little take up in the trigger and it has a really crisp break. It's a pretty sweet trigger. Whoever sporterized it did an excellent job.
Here's some pics, first is the 300yd. range from the benches, second is 100yds. and the last is the 50yd. target.