Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   dream range features (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/dream-range-features-30522/)

zenstic 08-17-2010 04:12 AM

dream range features

this seems the most appropriate place to ask this question,

what features does a dream range have? generic outdoor shooting lanes? indoor moving targets? underground concrete tubes?

i personally feel that a set of shoot houses arranged into a street setup would be fantastic. you could throw skeet off the top of the buildings and shoot rifles down the length of the street, not to mention all the pistol fun you could have.

thoughts?

VR4 08-17-2010 04:44 AM

This is what I think is a dream range

danf_fl 08-18-2010 07:33 PM

a NSSA Skeet range, ATA Trap range, International Trap range, 3D archery range, Shooting clays range, Hogan's alley, and clearing house.

I guess a little of all the shooting disciplines. Trained instructors on sight, with wining and dining facilities.

Asphalt parking (valet parking?)

Basically, a country club.

orangello 08-18-2010 07:41 PM

Scantily-clad female target changers & coooooold A/C. :D

Joe M 08-18-2010 11:35 PM

I'll take the NMLRA National Range in Friendship, Indiana anytime. I couldn't ask for more, and I prefer the outdoors. To me, this is an existing dream Range for what I enjoy shooting.

Walley 08-19-2010 11:43 AM

/

One totally devoid of Rambo and Dirty Harry want to be morons.

Joe M 08-19-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walley (Post 334474)

Well put, Walley

Gojubrian 08-20-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walley (Post 334474)

Amen to that! I quit going to a local range and go out of my way to a new,safer range now.

I would like moving targets, street scenario ranges, things like that. Oh, and free ammo. :D

Walley 08-20-2010 12:28 PM

/

Living on a small farm I set up an informal gun club on my place. We have a 200-yard rifle range, a pistol range and rudimentary clay set up. We also have a 100-yard lane through the grove with a backstop for people to practice shooting black powder and shotgun slugs in something like a hunting situation. Our rules are simple; no assault style weapons, no more than six rounds in any handgun, weapons can only be loaded at shooting stations, no concealed carry, gun safety at all times and any shooter under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. All told we have about 35 people who regularly shoot here. Most are serious hunters and a few law enforcement officers. These good people are more than generous in helping to pay for the liability insurance.

zenstic 08-20-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walley (Post 335143)
Living on a small farm I set up an informal gun club on my place. We have a 200-yard rifle range, a pistol range and rudimentary clay set up. We also have a 100-yard lane through the grove with a backstop for people to practice shooting black powder and shotgun slugs in something like a hunting situation. Our rules are simple; no assault style weapons, no more than six rounds in any handgun, weapons can only be loaded at shooting stations, no concealed carry, gun safety at all times and any shooter under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. All told we have about 35 people who regularly shoot here. Most are serious hunters and a few law enforcement officers. These good people are more than generous in helping to pay for the liability insurance.

so how does it work legally? do attendees have to sign a waiver or something?

EDIT: must be nice to be so close to the range :)