Don't Do That Dudes - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Don't Do That Dudes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I feel they "have to keep the little lady in line". Show her how weak she is and how strong the man is.
i would never refer to my wife as being weaker. we have different abilities, but i consider my wife an equal partner and treat her with respect and love. men who represent themselves as to show a women as weaker, are usually insecure and need to bully to compensate for their own weakness. i am very secure in my manhood to realize my wife is an equal and there are things that i can do she can't, just as there are things she can do that i can't.

i like your method, when i want her to try out a new firearm. i shoot it first, so that she has an idea of the recoil and i explain how much it is going to recoil and what to expect. i show her how it operates and how the safeties work. then i let her shoot it. some of mine she likes, some she doesn't. but i never just hand it to her and say here ya go!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
I feel they "have to keep the little lady in line". Show her how weak she is and how strong the man is.
My thoughts exactly..

Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7784 Times on 4672 Posts
Likes Given: 9760

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i would never refer to my wife as being weaker. we have different abilities, but i consider my wife an equal partner and treat her with respect and love. men who represent themselves as to show a women as weaker, are usually insecure and need to bully to compensate for their own weakness. i am very secure in my manhood to realize my wife is an equal and there are things that i can do she can't, just as there are things she can do that i can't.

i like your method, when i want her to try out a new firearm. i shoot it first, so that she has an idea of the recoil and i explain how much it is going to recoil and what to expect. i show her how it operates and how the safeties work. then i let her shoot it. some of mine she likes, some she doesn't. but i never just hand it to her and say here ya go!
Well, that's because your not a macho idiot.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #34

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Well, that's because your not a macho idiot.
Any man that claims he is the 'lord of his castle' is one of the following:

He's a fool who never learned that the wife is actually in charge. (Don't believe me? Then how come it's the husband that knows how it feels to sleep on the couch?)

He's a liar that knows he doesn't call the shots, but puts on a macho image in public to make himself appear 'manly' in public.

He's an idiot that is too stupid to find a woman in the first place,and his mother/sisters/aunts don't live in close proximity to him.

We don't rule anything. We're lucky to get to determine what kind of vehicle WE drive, much less boss around our wives.

I know who the boss is, and I am not interested in ticking her off.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

EVERYONE I have ever taught to shoot started out with first a lesson in firearms safety, then a lesson in how to handle a firearm, THEN we take the .22's out to the range where they deminstrate to me how to safely load and fire a gun and I instruct them each shot until I feel comfortable with their abilities to shoot safely. Then down the road, after a few trips to the range, if they wanna move up in calibers I'll offer the .38 to them and so on. After my dad passed away my mom wanted me to teach her how to shoot, after 4 or 5 lessons she took her CCW and now carries a snubby .357 and practices regularly.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 221

I'll add one more thought... Especially with someone that may be "afraid", only put one round in the magazine. then 2-3 if they handle the first one ok. You don't want someone that decides they are afraid and sets the gun down with their finger on the trigger.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #37

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Any man that claims he is the 'lord of his castle' is one of the following: . . (snip) . . I know who the boss is, and I am not interested in ticking her off.
Men control the world. Women control the men. Children control everybody. At least in our culture, usually. Those cultures where this is not true, really do seem to be 'Hell on Earth'.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #38

Liked 4522 Times on 2251 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Huh. I shot my first gun at the age of 10. A highway patrol officer (a family friend) handed me his .357 magnum revolver and had me shoot in a field...magnum rounds, no ear protection. Scared the living crap out of me and my ears rang for days afterwards. I've been in love with guns ever since.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My dad started me out on a .22 at an early age (somewhere around 3 to 5 years old). We would go down to the creek where we would toss aluminum cans from the bridge and my dad would set me up and help hold he rifle while I engaged moving targets! I never got to carry my own rifle (unloaded) until I was around 9 or 10. I shot only .22s up until I was in HS when I went with a friend and we shot center fire hand guns. I have always been around guns and got my wife to shoot a couple of times. One was from a .22 Marlin bolt action rifle that I helped hold and the other from a .22 revolver my dad gave me. She saw a friend of ours shooting a pistol with crimson trace grips on it and now wants to try to shoot a .22 with laser sights on it.

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #40

Not all women want to shoot 22 . My ex wife hates them. She likes beretra 9mm . Every shooter is different. She started out on sti. 45 why would women would should only start on 22. Little degrading to me.