do you guys have this problem at your outdoor ranges? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > do you guys have this problem at your outdoor ranges?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 345 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i forgot i had started this thread, i've got an update to it.

6 or so months ago i was back at that same range & that same guy drove up in his car, he gets out........& he's wearing a Game & Fish officer uniform. turns out he's in charge of keeping an eye on the range & he wore his street clothes to catch people doing stuff they weren't supposed to.

that just pisses me off to no end that he CLEARLY knows the rules & the etiquitte but still acted like a jackass. i no longer go to that range, there's a much nicer one a that's a few miles further to drive but completely worth the extra time it takes

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 03-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #42

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

When he was in his uniform I would have asked him for his card. An email or call to his boss may have taken care of that situation. He basically stole your property...now he's probably stealing others.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #43

Liked 345 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i didn't care he was grabbing my empties, what pissed me off is that he stayed out in front of the firing line pickin up brass when we were ready to shoot again. even after we told him we were ready to go, he stayed out front of the line. it was like he was either asking for a confrontation, or just didn't care what we wanted.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #44
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8260 Times on 4772 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

If he was trying to bust people for misbehaving, and he was himself breaking range rules, then that would clearly be entrapment or he intended to entrap somebody. The intent to do so might get him fired. There was a building inspector around here years ago who used to drive around on weekends and park in unincorporated county areas and listen for the sounds of construction hoping to bust people. He was eventually fired.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #45

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Dont have that problem but many, even 'shooters' dont understand range protocol, esp the firing line and what it means. Two summers, twice. while I was shooting someone arrived and decided to go downrange and post targets. There had been no discussion between us in either case. I had read about this on forums and thought it was BS, but it happens.. The one fellow when asked about it said "go ahead and shoot!!"

I wasnt going to shoot when he was downrange but I was worried about what he'd do when I was downrange...yuk!

We have a fellow that like to come to the range (public/unattended/DNR) and mine the backstop. We see piles of sifted dirt there many days. The problem is everytime it rains hard that loose stuff comes washing down the hill. Soon we have to try to get the DNR to bring the frontend loader over and repile the backstop.

Last edited by langenc; 03-30-2013 at 05:04 PM.