Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Diagnosis Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default Diagnosis Day

The good news is I think I figured out why my XDM has been intermittently failing to lock open on the last round. It would happen sometimes, no matter which of the five magazines I had in. Apparently, occasionally in recoil on the last round, my right thumb is brushing the slide release. Now I just have to figure out how to alter my grip a little so that doesn't happen and I still have a good grip. (I think I'll try changing to the large backstrap.)

In other news, while I was working out the above issue, I was also shooting my Ruger 22/45, and it began keyholing. It could use a good cleaning, and I'll see how much lead I get out of the barrel.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here