Deputies Showed Up!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Deputies Showed Up!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tellmaster207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 524
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplwolf
first off, it's not an arrest, it's a detainment. second, it's police officers using their training along with the information of the call to use a little thing called "officer decression" though not everyone with a gun is dangerous, most of the dangers encountered in law enforcement involve a deadly weapon (i.e. a firearm) its not like SWAT showed up and started body slamming everyone. detainment is used so that ALL persons involved are safe. once the matter is figured out, that's when people get released, arrested, or cited.

I didn't mean for you to type all that out. We have all read that ten thousand times & have a good understanding of officer discretion & swat teams etc. etc. etc.

So are you saying the incident never happened?
If it did happenmy question is the same as it was earlier.
__________________
tellmaster207 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Georgiahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 506
Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Haha, where I live if you start shooting your neighbors go outside go outside and shoot too. The only complaints people have about shooting is running out of ammo!

__________________
Georgiahunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kandahar,afghanistan
Posts: 14
Default

i'm not sure of the date, but it was in indiana. we had to read about it for one of the classes at the police accademy

__________________
cplwolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tellmaster207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 524
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter
Haha, where I live if you start shooting your neighbors go outside go outside and shoot too. The only complaints people have about shooting is running out of ammo!
I know what your saying, I can even tell when a neighbor gets a new. We always try guessing the cal. & new gun they bought.
__________________
tellmaster207 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,599
Liked 1459 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Default

I think my neighbors would call 911 if they went a week without hearing shots fired.

__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusterleXD View Post
A courtesy call will go a long way, if LE is called enough times, they may start billing the person who the complaint is called in on if they have to go out enough times. Some agencies have billing policies in place and some don't. If it were me, I would call just to avoid having to pay a bill after LE shows up a few times.
I recall a news article I read a few years ago about such a thing but can't seem to find it now.
If I received a bill from the Sheriff's Dept for them coming to my house repeatedly to investigate me when I am doing nothing illegal I would wipe my backside with it and mail it back to them. That would essentially mean they are fining me for other people filing ignorant police reports, I don't know of a law stating you are required to notify the law that you are going to shoot your gun and sending you a bill for not doing so is essentially a fine. Bill the morons who keep calling them out for no reason not the law abiding shooter.
__________________
blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,972
Liked 8278 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10705

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
If I received a bill from the Sheriff's Dept for them coming to my house repeatedly to investigate me when I am doing nothing illegal I would wipe my backside with it and mail it back to them. That would essentially mean they are fining me for other people filing ignorant police reports, I don't know of a law stating you are required to notify the law that you are going to shoot your gun and sending you a bill for not doing so is essentially a fine. Bill the morons who keep calling them out for no reason not the law abiding shooter.

OP here:
While I appreciate the spirit of your post, I would rather not have to "fight City Hall", so to speak, and just call in when I am going to shoot. Keep in mind that I live in one of the most liberal counties in one of the most liberal states in the country. And all they ask is that I call before shooting. I am thinking I will follow their advice because if I don't and the deputies have to show up because a neighbor called 911 several times it will quickly go from a non-confrontational visit to a highly confrontational visit with loaded firearms present and law enforcement on private property. Not a good mix. If you "wipe your backside with it" and send it back to them then you are escalating things, and that does nobody any good at all. (Matter of fact, that could be considered "biological warfare". Don't go there!)
__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The5Last5Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

This is why I love living in the country. You can shoot whenever you please. Lol and personally I like the privilege of getting to step out on your porch to take a piss when you want to without getting caught and being registered as a sex offender.

__________________

Stay safe, stay Second Amendment.

The5Last5Rebel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OP here:
While I appreciate the spirit of your post, I would rather not have to "fight City Hall", so to speak, and just call in when I am going to shoot. Keep in mind that I live in one of the most liberal counties in one of the most liberal states in the country. And all they ask is that I call before shooting. I am thinking I will follow their advice because if I don't and the deputies have to show up because a neighbor called 911 several times it will quickly go from a non-confrontational visit to a highly confrontational visit with loaded firearms present and law enforcement on private property. Not a good mix. If you "wipe your backside with it" and send it back to them then you are escalating things, and that does nobody any good at all. (Matter of fact, that could be considered "biological warfare". Don't go there!)
If you wanna call em everytime fine, I am just saying if a neighbor repeatedly calls cops around here for something that isn't illegal or for false accusations, said neighbor gets in trouble for things like harassment and filing phoney complaints which will result in fines, not you getting a "bill" (fine) because the neighbors call on you for no reason repeatedly. I'd like to see a judge enforce that "bill". I believe it is the law enforcement agency's responsibility to educate the caller of what is going on and tell them not to call about it again and here's whats going to happen to you if you keep wasting our time. I'm assuming you live in a rural area which is populated or you wouldn't be allowed to shoot to begin with and being it is that type of area it is probably a decent neighborhood, I could be wrong, but I would think people hearing a bunch of shooting coming from down the road would assume someone is having some target practice rather than assuming some gangbangers decided to come have it out in their hood, lol.
__________________
blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The5Last5Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I believe that the neighbors should thank you for taking advantage of you using your second amendment rights because you own guns and they probably do not. It's nice to know that I live in a place where all of my neighbors have at least a couple loaded guns by their bed side ready for action. We take matters into our own hands then we call 911. Cops in my home town take at least 2 hours to get around where we live and that's only 8 miles from town. So we help each other out and we keep an eye on each other in case something ever does happen to any of us. Drunks and druggies are the main problems. They like to stop on the road in front of our house at night. Lol and we like to scare the piss out of them by popping of some rounds. Lol it's kind of a hobby around here.

__________________

Stay safe, stay Second Amendment.

The5Last5Rebel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Can't believe I never showed pics of the Beastbob! Sarge43 1911 Forum 13 01-12-2011 04:47 AM
Officials: 4 Dead, 2 Deputies Injured in Florida Shootouts sculker The Club House 0 06-07-2008 08:15 PM