Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Deathkricket and I inhaled today. Gunpowder that is ! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/deathkricket-i-inhaled-today-gunpowder-23930/)

yesicarry 02-27-2010 08:02 AM

Deathkricket and I inhaled today. Gunpowder that is !

4 Attachment(s)
Cold. Rainy and muddy. But hey.. Good time !

Got to shoot with Deathkricket today. I tell ya', that WASR-10 he just got is very nice. That trigger has got to be the smoothest AK trigger I've ever shot. Actually was honored to shoot it. It was made the year I was born. Very cool.
But the funny part is more than one. First, he calls me and says he's gotta get some ammo before meeting at the range. No prob.. He shows up with a full 1K box.. This guy loves to shoot..:)
Second one is, when that WASR started talking, it started flinging casings everywhere. Hitting the roof joists and bouncing down on me. I had to look to see if he was throwing cases over just to mess with me. He forgot his adjustment tools at home to adjust the front sight, so the ol' kentucky windage was being worked. But for an AK to shoot like that with needing some fondling (adjusting) He was doing a great job with it !
My Bushy/M4 seems to enjoy being fed Remington .223 55g FMJ BT Hotshot rounds.
Groups at 50 yards grew smaller. At 100 yds, all shots were center mass quality.
Pics follow.. Oh.. The target pic. was 35 rounds at 50 yds. The 3 shots to the left are 7.62 rounds from the IDIOT in the next lane who accidently shot my target with a Mosin Nagant. And still couldnt hit hit..

deathkricket 02-27-2010 09:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yesicarry and myself had some fun today at the riffle range, these are two of my targets, the first is kentucky windage at 50 yards and the second is the same at 100 yards. O ya i noticed when i got home and pulled the 47 apart it has a Tapco trigger :) might explain why its so smooth. Sry for it being dark, i don't now why my camera isn't seeing the light, the thing is a dinosaur. I also dug into my old AK47 supply's and switch the machined out stock bolt with a heavy bolt i forgot i had, cant wait to get to the range and test it out (and remember my adjustment tools) Today was my first time ever shooting from a bench, the bench was a bit tall for me so i had to fight the riffle to stay on my shoulder and not slide down my arm towards my elbow, it will take some getting use to, i prefer good ole military style.

CA357 02-27-2010 06:05 PM

It's great when members can get together to perform the smoke and noise ritual. ;)

skullcrusher 02-27-2010 06:18 PM

Very nice Death and Yes. Good stuff right there! :)

gorknoids 02-27-2010 06:18 PM

Ya gott'a love it! Heading to the Boom Room with Mohawk tomorrow, and I'll get pics/report up as soon as possible. Nice shooting, guys!

MotorG20 02-27-2010 10:15 PM

Ah yesicarry, my friend, I see that you're a fellow southpaw. The only thing is, is that we lefties tend to shoot so much better than the regular people that it sometimes embarrasses them:D. Otherwise it's a good time.

MotorG20:p

NitroxAZ 02-28-2010 01:33 AM

Good Times, Good Times.

yesicarry 02-28-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorG20 (Post 237963)
Ah yesicarry, my friend, I see that you're a fellow southpaw. The only thing is, is that we lefties tend to shoot so much better than the regular people that it sometimes embarrasses them:D. Otherwise it's a good time.

MotorG20:p

I would like to think that to inflate my ego but yet have been humbled many times in 40 years of shooting..
I think it's because we lefties close our eyes to avoid powder burns.:rolleyes:

Seems to work for me..

DrumJunkie 02-28-2010 06:38 AM

A day turning money into noise is a day well spent. I miss my WASR!!!:(
I've heard some AK people put hem down but I have always liked them. They seem to work as well as they need to from where I've stood.

yesicarry 02-28-2010 07:13 AM

Hey Drum, Rainier guns. Lakewood, Wa.