Day at the Range - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Day at the Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
great video ! but where do you shoot it Doc ,it sure doesn't look like a gun range
At an old quarry.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Looks like tons of fun, Doc. I love shooting with my kids.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Great stuff Doc. I'm happy that you had some real quality time with your son.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #14

Good stuff doc! Thats quality time right there. He'll remember that the rest of his days!

Outstanding for his first time & a lefty too.

Thats the way plink'in should be. Around here the DNR ranges are getting too anal retentive. The SOBs only let folks shoot paper targets, no steel at all and no smoking even though you're outside in the middle of nowhere. Sure glad I've got enough land that I don't have to put up with their crap!

Fine look'in young man doc, looks like he's got it together! Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 12-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
Good stuff doc! Thats quality time right there. He'll remember that the rest of his days!

Outstanding for his first time & a lefty too.

Thats the way plink'in should be. Around here the DNR ranges are getting too anal retentive. The SOBs only let folks shoot paper targets, no steel at all and no smoking even though you're outside in the middle of nowhere. Sure glad I've got enough land that I don't have to put up with their crap!

Fine look'in young man doc, looks like he's got it together! Ken
Thanks, he's no lefty though. He was watching me, a lefty, and just did what I did. It is nice to be out without a ton of people, that's for sure.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Thanks, he's no lefty though. He was watching me, a lefty, and just did what I did. It is nice to be out without a ton of people, that's for sure.
that's called freedom my friend ,unknown in my country,shooting a soft air bb gun in my backyard is already a crime

Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #17

Damn Rein that sucks big time. CA and M14 thanks for the comments. I do love the new boom stick and will post a better range report with pics on the next go round which could be as soon as thursday or friday. Will be taking My 17 year old daughter who is going to join the USAF, my 14 year old boy, 11 year old girl and if hes good enough my 12 year old boy.

I want my daughter to be a marksman before she even qualifies in boot camp. Just like her brother she is a natural.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #18

Got back from the range today at 12. could only stay for an hour or so, I have work at 1:30.

Tried out a new Ruger .22 i bought, very nice, accurate. Also shot .375 magnum handgun I have had for a while. Havent been for a while so the Magnum knocked me back a bit the first time I shot it.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Damn Rein that sucks big time. CA and M14 thanks for the comments. I do love the new boom stick and will post a better range report with pics on the next go round which could be as soon as thursday or friday. Will be taking My 17 year old daughter who is going to join the USAF, my 14 year old boy, 11 year old girl and if hes good enough my 12 year old boy.

I want my daughter to be a marksman before she even qualifies in boot camp. Just like her brother she is a natural.

Awesome doc! Sounds like you have great kids there.

Excellent also that you can just go out and shoot somewhere isolated without any special permission etc. That must make getting up to marksman-speed a lot easier; I wish we had that kind of opportunity here.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 12-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #20

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default howdy doc...

the only way a chinese father and son can go out shooting together ...is when 1 has the blindfold....the other has the uniform and the ak