Day at the Range
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Day at the Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Day at the Range

So I took my oldest boy out to the range today for a little fun. Before you beat me to death however, let me say that none of the pics turned out. Not sure what went wrong. I have one of the washer we were shooting though. At the upper left you will see a series of holes which belong to an XDM40 that belongs to my friends son, lower right are 18 holes from the 00 buck from the new Mossberg persuader 12. the pellets are as big as a .40 cal round.
We took the Mini-14, Mossberg, ISSC M-22 and the Walther P22 out. Right off the get go I had a FTE on the M-22. I dissembled the pistol removed the round and tried again. No more FTE problems. However, there were plenty of FTF incidents. Not sure if it the ammo or the guns just need to be broke in. The Walther had this problem but after about 300 rounds it is doing better. The ISSC when operating and cycling fully fires like a dream. Shots on target where aims and fires fast. The Walther was doing nicely today as well. All together we fired 200 rounds of .22 down range.
The Mossy needs a little breaking in but after the first round is chambered she cycles like a dream. Fired 25 rounds down range and let the boy fire some off as well. He has never been out shooting with me but did very well. Followed all orders to a T. Was proud and impressed.
The Mini was firing in good form as well. We were shooting at an old propane bottle placed out at 100 yards. We didn't bring it in it was there. With a rest on an old log in the kneeling position i was able to nail it 18 out of 20 times. The boy was up next and shot unsupported standing and knocked it off the berm. Great shooter he shall be.
The best thing about today was not the shooting but the time well spent with my first boy. He is 14 and I have missed a ton of his life since he lives with his mother and I only see him every other weekend.
67164_1463371155200_1561123865_30989587_4377573_n.jpg  

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #2

sorry for the F bomb

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Nice washer-ventilation there, doc!

And great too that a father can just go out & 'shoot up stuff' with his son, and by your description of him you are rightly proud too

I bet there were a lot of fathers who used to be able to do that with their boys here...once upon a time, before the Mini 14 was declared the spawn of Satan....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 12-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #4

Thanks ZHUK, sucks you cant have a mini over there.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #5

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 AM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Looks and sounds like a fun day Doc.. Good to hear that you got to burn some powder but also that everything functioned well and that you got to spend some time with your son as well. Great news that he's a natural shooter too!

You remind me of my old man, he always calls me 'boy' too..

Old 12-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Looks and sounds like a fun day Doc.. Good to hear that you got to burn some powder but also that everything functioned well and that you got to spend some time with your son as well. Great news that he's a natural shooter too!

You remind me of my old man, he always calls me 'boy' too..
Thanks AusLach.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Doc that is great I know he had a blast and it is so cool he has you for a dad!!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 12-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #9

Thanks RSG.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

great video ! but where do you shoot it Doc ,it sure doesn't look like a gun range