Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying

I took my daughter Leah to her CCW course today. She drew a crowd. Just drilled the EYES out of the target. I'm SO proud!

12FRETTER

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Thats some good shooting there. You should be proud.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Taught her good. My fiance is the same age and after only a few times out shooting she got her CHL with similar results.

Don't know why but most of the women I have taken out shooting do really damn good. What's up with that?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Taught her good. My fiance is the same age and after only a few times out shooting she got her CHL with similar results.

Don't know why but most of the women I have taken out shooting do really damn good. What's up with that?
No macho BS to get in the way? I've taught both men and women over the years, and I get much better results and much more attention to range safety from the women.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You need to buy that young lady some ice cream and ammunition.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #6

Well she's going to get my Bersa she shot with, plus her self defense ammo.

And maybe some ice cream.

12FRETTER

orangello Likes This 
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My DD is 21 and first time we took her shooting, she did better than both her daddy and me! She listened well (and said it didn't hurt that she had played first-person shooter video games either like Call of Duty, etc). She said it really helped with aiming and keeping a steady hand. (She is a prissy tom-boy, dressed to the 9s to go out one evening and out changing her oil in her car the next morning!)

Grats to your daughter. I know you are really proud of her and good job teaching her, too!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #8

My daughter is the same way! She knows more about Honda engines that I do about old Chevys.

12FRETTER

Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #9

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I'll chime in as well..my wife is an excellent shooter..from the first day. In Illinois (used to live) we couldn't shoot on our property, or in our town for that matter. So all the handling and my "training" of her was holding, getting used to the grip, loading...etc...no live fire. First time we got to the range $25 for both of us to share a lane (I hate Illinois). Anyway, I shot the .357 and she watched as I emptied the chamber. Then I handed it to her. She knew how to load already and keep the gun pointed down range. When she was ready, I watched her body change. She positioned herself, adjusted her stance and focused intently. Her grip was good and first time out, first shot ever, was a perfect bullseye. The 357 made a few heads turn and some of the guys there turned when they heard something a bit bigger than their 9's or 22.s. When one of them looked back at me and mouthed ".357?"...and I shook my head yes. He saw her bullseye and gave me the thumbs up. I am just as proud 15 years later now as I was then.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Anyway, I shot the .357 and she watched as I emptied the chamber. Then I handed it to her. She knew how to load already and keep the gun pointed down range. When she was ready, I watched her body change. She positioned herself, adjusted her stance and focused intently. Her grip was good and first time out, first shot ever, was a perfect bullseye. I am just as proud 15 years later now as I was then.
Nearly the same thing happened with me and my wife. We were at a friends house and he brought out a 44 Magnum with a scope. I shot it and commented that the kick was actually not as much as I thought it would be. I asked Karen if she wanted to try it and she eagerly said yes. Like you, her first shot with it could not have been a more perfect bullseye.

12FRETTER