Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/daughter-21-ccw-qualifying-85700/)

12fretter 03-03-2013 08:52 PM

Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying

I took my daughter Leah to her CCW course today. She drew a crowd. Just drilled the EYES out of the target. I'm SO proud!

http://home.comcast.net/~12fretter/leah.jpg

GonzoLonzo 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Thats some good shooting there. You should be proud.

fa35jsf 03-05-2013 01:54 PM

Taught her good. My fiance is the same age and after only a few times out shooting she got her CHL with similar results.

Don't know why but most of the women I have taken out shooting do really damn good. What's up with that?

Doc3402 03-05-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf (Post 1164323)
Taught her good. My fiance is the same age and after only a few times out shooting she got her CHL with similar results.

Don't know why but most of the women I have taken out shooting do really damn good. What's up with that?

No macho BS to get in the way? I've taught both men and women over the years, and I get much better results and much more attention to range safety from the women.

orangello 03-05-2013 10:22 PM

You need to buy that young lady some ice cream and ammunition.

12fretter 03-07-2013 01:58 AM

Well she's going to get my Bersa she shot with, plus her self defense ammo.

And maybe some ice cream.

sewserious 03-07-2013 11:34 AM

My DD is 21 and first time we took her shooting, she did better than both her daddy and me! She listened well (and said it didn't hurt that she had played first-person shooter video games either like Call of Duty, etc). She said it really helped with aiming and keeping a steady hand. (She is a prissy tom-boy, dressed to the 9s to go out one evening and out changing her oil in her car the next morning!)

Grats to your daughter. I know you are really proud of her and good job teaching her, too!

12fretter 03-07-2013 12:58 PM

My daughter is the same way! She knows more about Honda engines that I do about old Chevys.

Missouribound 03-08-2013 02:45 AM

I'll chime in as well..my wife is an excellent shooter..from the first day. In Illinois (used to live) we couldn't shoot on our property, or in our town for that matter. So all the handling and my "training" of her was holding, getting used to the grip, loading...etc...no live fire. First time we got to the range $25 for both of us to share a lane (I hate Illinois). Anyway, I shot the .357 and she watched as I emptied the chamber. Then I handed it to her. She knew how to load already and keep the gun pointed down range. When she was ready, I watched her body change. She positioned herself, adjusted her stance and focused intently. Her grip was good and first time out, first shot ever, was a perfect bullseye. The 357 made a few heads turn and some of the guys there turned when they heard something a bit bigger than their 9's or 22.s. When one of them looked back at me and mouthed ".357?"...and I shook my head yes. He saw her bullseye and gave me the thumbs up. I am just as proud 15 years later now as I was then. :)

12fretter 03-08-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribound (Post 1168132)
Anyway, I shot the .357 and she watched as I emptied the chamber. Then I handed it to her. She knew how to load already and keep the gun pointed down range. When she was ready, I watched her body change. She positioned herself, adjusted her stance and focused intently. Her grip was good and first time out, first shot ever, was a perfect bullseye. I am just as proud 15 years later now as I was then. :)

Nearly the same thing happened with me and my wife. We were at a friends house and he brought out a 44 Magnum with a scope. I shot it and commented that the kick was actually not as much as I thought it would be. I asked Karen if she wanted to try it and she eagerly said yes. Like you, her first shot with it could not have been a more perfect bullseye.