The Damn it times ...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > The Damn it times ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1138 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 585

Default The Damn it times ...

#1 dad is bench resting on my bed side and aims too low and puts a 7.62 hp thru the bedside of my z71

#2 playing with dads nickle plated s&w 357 when I was little and getting a squib .

#3 setting a ford taurus on fire with tannerite[ in your neighborhood]

#4 realizing the hammer wont stay cocked on a H&R sportsman and putting a hole in your buddies garage door

#5 hitting the bolt close on a sks and your hand take the full recoil

#6 underestimating how powerfull a spudgun is by putting a 4in hole in the side of your bard .

*7 shooting the side of a boat with bird shot . ouch !

#8 having Steel buck shot coming back and putting two holes in the side of your tahoe .

#9 Being swept by newbie girl @ the gun store by a pink glock with a laser the also swept her kids , husband , clerks, everything

#10 having your never shot before wife outshoot you her first time

#11 watching you pals girl out shoot him @ the 1000yrd range

c'mon be honest and list yours this should be good
if you would like me to change the post title pls let me know

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #2

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

having your never shot before wife outshoot you her first time(I did not like that either)

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Wow Mobile , 7 out of 11 of those seem to be user negligence/carelessness

I too have been swept a couple times at a Gun Shop. I made it clear both times to the sweepers I was not happy with it either

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #4

Live and learn , Back in my younger days we played kinda hard with caution flappin in the wind, when your buddies say you dont have a hair on your --- you dont have much of a choice . thank God we made it thur . The H&R thru the door was the worse thing I have ever done and im so thankfull no one was hurt , Just had one of those duh moments that taught me a invaluble life lesson on guns , i thought I had become a safe shooter until then , but now Im more carefull than ever and I pay more attention to others when they handle weapons .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #5

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

Quote:
#1 dad is bench resting on my bed side and aims too low and puts a 7.62 hp thru the bedside of my z71
This reminded of when i sold a SKS to a friend... The day after i sold it, I seen him at the gas station with his daughters car. It had a hole in the roof and the rear passenger window blown out. He told me he was using the car as a rest, looking thru the sights not paying attention to where the muzzle was at and shot thru the car... I thought it was pretty funny...

Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Wow Mobile , 7 out of 11 of those seem to be user negligence/carelessness
That was my first thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I too have been swept a couple times at a Gun Shop. I made it clear both times to the sweepers I was not happy with it either
I've always wondered about this. The guys behind the counter are always quick to jump on someone saying, "It's considered unsafe to lower the hammer, because your finger might slip." (As long as you're following the gun safety rules it's safer than dry firing a gun that you're assuming is always loaded.) but don't say a word when people grab a gun and turn around to sight it right at everyone in the store.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

For a bunch of dammit moments, try renovationg a hundred year old house. Pretty much everything is a dammit moment or more realistically, dammit days and weeks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

First off, you can call it negligence if you want, but it's only negligence if the insurance companies get involved, if you're lucky enough to not have that happen, then it's just an accidental screw up. That being said, here's mine.

#1 My dad got his muzzleloader out of the cabinet to give it the thorough end of the season cleaning. Per his routine, he ran a ramrod down the barrel with a piece of an old t-shirt on the end, snapped a cap to clean out an left-over powder residue and shot the ram rod at a stack of carpet squares in our basement. Luckily the gun was pointed in the right direction. He forgot that his last time out he didn't empty the gun before coming home because he had a buck lingering, but never getting close enough until it was after dark.

#2 My dad handing me a four pound turkey gun to shoot when I was 10. The gun went flying, I thought dad was going to kill me for not holding the gun, only to find him rolling on the ground.

#3 Standing to the right of my dad as he was shooting his AR...it took a couple rounds of hot brass to the face before I could move out of harms way.

Luke 22:36 - He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

#4 we also had a guy in our coyote hunting group shoot a hole in the hood of his brand new Dodge Ram. He was looking through the scope and was right on the coyote and could understand why it didn't drop. Then he notice two holes in the cowl induction.

Luke 22:36 - He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #10

I had one of my customers call me today for some advice . He had his 7mm rem mag in the back seat of his 08 F350 muzzle down , loaded but hot . His 5 yo son was in the back and while he stepped out of the truck for a minute his kid some how racked one in and it went off .
It exploded the center console , continued thru the floor striking the main harness for the transmission before it stopped in the hole it punched in the transfer case . First of all how lucky was the youngen ? It scared the poor boy to death but it goes to show that you can never under estimate a 5 yo and I guess its a valuble lesson to just empty out the mag before heading home .
My twins are only 14months old and were born @ 32 weeks but my son already loves his squirt gun and can get on the john deer and 4 wheeler quicker than i can . Its amazing what they learn by watching you but when you tell them no they suddenly dont understand .