Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Daddys Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Daddys Girl

My daughter has been asking me since she was 3 when she could go shooting with me, I have always told her when she was 5. Well she became a big 5 years old on Dec 20 of this year. She has also been saying she would like a Pink gun.

Well after some arguing with the wife and some looking around i found a Pink Red Ryder bb gun. Abbigail opened her bb gun on Christmas morning of course she loved it. she opened the gift jumped up and down hugged the gift and then gave me a big old hug. After that she put the gun aside because she knew it wasnt time to start using it.

I have been preaching gun safety and the responsibilty of gun ownership before she was born and she has been hearing about it all her life. So i grabbed some shooting glasses from the range bag the pink bb gun and we took it with us to her uncles in case we got a chance to shoot it.

Well we set up a box out back and there was like 5 other kids there and of course they all wanted to shoot too so i gave them the gun safety speech and how they had to all stand back as someone was shooting they all did really good. Abbigail had a blast she cant cock it yet but she was doing a very good job of hitting the box and she was very safe.

When we got home she asked if she could carry her bb gun into the house i told her of course i showed her how to carry it and she carry it all the way into my bedroom and set it on my bed to be put away. I tryed to remind her she is not allowed to touch this or any other firearms with out an adult meaning me or her mother being present but she cut me off and said "i know dad im not allowed to touch it. I know the rules".

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Sounds like your doing the right thing there!!

the only problem you got now is finding her new guns as she gets older!!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Sounds like your doing the right thing there!!

the only problem you got now is finding her new guns as she gets older!!!
That is so true guys..! Just be sure to enjoy it fully..!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Good for you and her. Congrats on a great shooting buddy!

Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 788 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Congrats dad - next year (or sooner) the cricket

My mantra has been to eat the children before they turn into teenagers! But, I'm a little weary with a 19 & 20 yo

Old 12-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Good deal. Always good to get them shooting young. I hope she enjoys it.

In the future, talk about how nice a well stained wood grain stock looks. Might get her off the pink guns and make your life easier in the search for her first .22.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #7

On that note walmart sells a short (kid sized) .22LR bolt action with synthetic pink stock... bout $100 if i remember right

Old 12-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic View Post
On that note walmart sells a short (kid sized) .22LR bolt action with synthetic pink stock... bout $100 if i remember right
already looked at it and prolly will get it for her with some tax money and just put it away. till i think she is ready.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn

already looked at it and prolly will get it for her with some tax money and just put it away. till i think she is ready.
The Davy cricket is a nice little gun but check out the Rossi youth combos. Local gun shop has it with 4 barrels. .22 long rifle,.243, .410, and 20 gauge for $319.

http://www.rossiusa.com/2011catalog/?catalog_page=25

Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Good for you- sounds like you both had a lot of fun!