Cz97bd

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Cz97bd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6031 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Default Cz97bd

So i took my new pistol to the range this morning. with me i took 20 rounds of 15 year old federal 230grn JHP hydrashoks 200 rounds of handloaded 230grn FMJ which chrono at 900FPS and 20 rounds of speer golden saber 230grn JHP.

i warmed firing the 230grn FMJ for a couple of magazine and to generally get a idea of where the gun was shooting. it was off to the left by about 2 inches at 15 yards. took it into the gunsmith at the range and he drifted the sights for me and got me spot on.

fired another couple of mags and then the hydrashok JHPs no FTE or FTF at all. in the picture is the results of the 20 golden saber 230grn JHP there is one flier in the lower left from the first magazine being started with a double action pull. after that all 19 remaining rounds went dead center with little trouble at 15yards. upper left was the offhand firing of the 20 hydrashoks.

[IMG][/IMG]

the CZ97BD is much much faster on follow up shots than my sigP220 or my Springfield 1911-A1. the trigger has some gritty creep to it but it doesnt seem to affect accuracy too much. the DA pull is heavier than i care for and i think i will be sending it off to CZ for some trigger work to smooth things out.

the only thing i do not care for is the tritium night sights. they are difficult to pick up in and indoor setting with moderate lighting, the sights do have a white outline around the tritium dot but it isnt enough. i have never been a fan of tritium sights and will be looking to replace them with solid 3 dot whites. i would say the only drawback to the weapon is the tritium sights.

other than that i love it. best handgun in my collection to date.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Love those cz's!! Congratulations on the pistol.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's good shooting and it's an excellent pistol. I think CZ's are kind of a sleeper, they offer great value and excellent quality.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6031 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 432

thanks i am quickly becoming a hardcore CZ fan at this point. i think with a good smoothing and tightening of the trigger i may be able to ten ring consistently at 25 and keep it in the red at 15 on that target type. but out of the box its a better performer than my either my P220 or 1911-A1 both of which i have a LOT of trigger time on and are both well broken in.