CZ range report - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > CZ range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Really nice shooting Goju - especially for the first time with that pistol. Nice ten yard group you got going there.

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for posting the now required Range Report.

JD

Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #12

Good shooting!!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks and welcome to the forums!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I am very pleased with this pistol, very pleased! I was using federal fmj's, and had no issues whatsoever. The only complaint I have is the magazine safety catch. It will not completely drop the magazine when you press the release button. The magazine drops about 1/4 of the way down and sort of gets tight.
Gojubrian,

The reason why the magazine safety catch behaves in that manner is because the magazine brake was adjusted to be that way as the factory default. If you read the manual it actually explains that, and the fact that you can adjust it any way you see fit from the factory default. If you prefer to have the magazines drop free, then all you need to do is adjust the magazine brake, and it should work the way you want it too. I too own a CZ75B, and will never turn away from it. When it came to the magazine brake issue rather than just adjusting it, I just went to the range on various weekends practicing at which point the magazine brake loosened up naturally over time. I hope this helps!

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 10-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi View Post
Gojubrian,

The reason why the magazine safety catch behaves in that manner is because the magazine brake was adjusted to be that way as the factory default. If you read the manual it actually explains that, and the fact that you can adjust it any way you see fit from the factory default. If you prefer to have the magazines drop free, then all you need to do is adjust the magazine brake, and it should work the way you want it too. I too own a CZ75B, and will never turn away from it. When it came to the magazine brake issue rather than just adjusting it, I just went to the range on various weekends practicing at which point the magazine brake loosened up naturally over time. I hope this helps!
Thankyou sir!

Who would have thought to actually read the manual??? What the...!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

this is my bullseye targets at 30 yards with my CZ shadow 9mm using my reloads consisting of vvn 330 and frontiers FMJ 125 grn.

the nice thing with CZ75b or most CZ 9mm is that they eat whatever throwed at them...cant say the same with their .40's calibers...i never had any FTF or FTE....hmmmm...well , in fact , the past week-end i actually had FTE because it was 5 celsius at the outdoor rande i use to go, and i didn't had the correct lub for it, i think it slowed the cycling of the slide....i might go with some graphite lubricant as i should in the coolder weather.

my-stuff-kato-023.jpg  

Last edited by Glockmaniac; 10-23-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've read that about their 40's having many issues.

I just wanted a decent range and home defense gun, so I stuck with what I could afford to shoot often.

The custom trigger from CZ will be after several hundred rounds.

Nice shootin at 30yards! Shows what the CZ's are capable of. I'll most likely stay within 15yards if even that far. My house isn't THAT big.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:50 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

[QUOTE=Gojubrian;176768]

Quote:
I've read that about their 40's having many issues.
i've got an sp01 tactical in .40...gosh! spring extractor, extractor, main spring..evrything goes,and the worst of all, is they ship their .40 with well known issues...but it's mainly springs and extractors,no big deal,but even there....this is what happen with all .40's built on a 9mm plateform anyways!

Quote:
The custom trigger from CZ will be after several hundred rounds.
oh! yeah, and just polishing some parts of the trigger assembly make a huge difference ,less creeping, a major improvement.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not brave enough to take my gun apart that far yet. I'm afraid I'll break something or won't be able to get it back together right,lol.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi View Post
Gojubrian,

Thank you Major! Very well explained, and really, it's an easy fix IF you are armed with the knowledge. That's another CZer who's a little smarter, and that's a good thing.