CZ 452 American .22 LR -1st 100 rnds

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > CZ 452 American .22 LR -1st 100 rnds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Default CZ 452 American .22 LR -1st 100 rnds

finally got out to JR's shooting sports in Aurora, IL after remounting scope (bushnell buckthorn 4x-12x40) and boresighting at 100' the old fashion way.
rr1.12.2010_cz452amer.jpg
75' range, no bag rests, winchester X ammo, shots taken standing (slightly leaning over) with elbow on the bench. My cousin and I alternated on 5 rnd turns....i havent shot a rifle in 20 years...i was pretty shakey, but it looks to be grouping well.... the better groups were him

looks like the scope just needs adjusting up from the lower left....

had a lot of fun, 100 rnds went by quick....the guy next to me with the 9mm made me sound like i was shooting a staple gun.

and then just as i was putting the gun back in the case, i bumped the scope good and it slid right off the receiver.......guess it wasn't on tight enough, glad no one saw that....i felt pretty stupid.

i love everything about this rifle, looks beautiful, smooth action, works and feels great....

containing my desire to start collecting now seems impossible.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The CZ 452 is an excellent quality rifle and a good value. Personally, I think they're underpriced for as good as they are.

Get your scope dialed, practice and you'll shortly be driving tacks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #3

yep, will do fo sure.

going to practice "the nickel on the end of the barrel" trigger pull thing with some empty shells or snap caps to get a little steadiness added to the skill set.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

NRA - member for life

Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Pics of the rifle!!!!!!! Pics of the rifle!!!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #5

oh yeah....here's some from my original post.(2nd pg too)
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/1st-rifle-21206/
but i can throw one up later with the newer high mounts....

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 01-14-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:37 AM   #6

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Do yourself a favor, and install a Brooks trigger kit in that 452.

Youll never havae a nicer trigger in a .22 rifle. Mine broke clean and sharp. with no take up. Squirrels farting a block away could set it off.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #7

remounted the scope with Burris high 1" rings.....moved the scope back about 3/4" towards the buttstock which seemed to make it easier to focus in on the target more quickly... re boresighted on a stationary object about 75-80' away and was off to the range again yesterday morning....

rr1.24.2010-1.jpgrr1.24.2010-2.jpgrr1.24.2010-3.jpgrr1.24.2010-4.jpgrr1.24.2010-5.jpg

using CCI Stinger ammo @ 25yards-she was shooting high and to the left...but still grouping good (i was using my folded coat as a front rest)...i think i had her dialed in pretty good after the first sheet and didn't make any crosshair adjustments after that.

sheet 3 is a good indicator of where my skill level is at with a front rest i think

and i liked the visible difference when i ran out off CCI ammo and had to switch to american eagle, which was definitely a lower grained, lower powered round, clearly evident in sheet 4.

the last sheet was me aiming to compensate for the lower powered ammo....

waiting for some outdoor oppurtunities to try 50, 75 and 100 yards eventually

going to keep practicing @ 25yds, and without a front rest in the meantime.

NRA - member for life