Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Current mods on my 10/22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/current-mods-my-10-22-a-41607/)

Scratchammo 04-22-2011 03:28 AM

Current mods on my 10/22

I have an All Weather Wally World 10/22. So far I've installed VCL's target hammer, edge extractor, & buffer. The target trigger takes a LOT of weight off. Yesterday I tried rapid firing but the sear wouldn't reset fast enough. My advice on that is to not replace the spring behind the trigger. After I switched it back the rifle rapid fired fine.

I bought the edge extractor for my Aguila Super Colibris. 6 out of 10 rds would eject when I racked the slide so I installed the new extractor with disappointment as it didn't seem to fix the problem. I looked a little closer & noticed the extractor was rubbing against the breech so I readjusted the barrel & that seemed to help.

I bought the recoil buffer due to the lower hammer spring pressure. I figured less resistance in the slide would wear my bolt out faster. The buffer is a miniature glue gun stick, that's exactly what is is so don't expect a precision made polyeurethane dowel. It hasn't disappointed me yet & takes the clap of the bolt away.

If you're considering any one of these I'd highly recommend it. Volquartsen will even fix it for you for free as long as they don't have to replace any parts. Take my advice into consideration before splurging.

Txhillbilly 04-23-2011 12:17 AM

What? No Pics of your mods.

10/22's are just adult lego sets,Once you start you can't stop.

Gatekeeper 04-23-2011 01:04 AM

I like the buffers myself. Just keep an eye on them if you shoot any hyper velocity ammo (example-CCI Velocitors). They will get chewed up quickly, at least the Teflon ones I got did. I had no problems when using standard velocity ammo

Scratchammo 04-23-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 491697)
What? No Pics of your mods.

10/22's are just adult lego sets,Once you start you can't stop.

Sorry, no pics yet. A shockwave destroyed my camera (long story).

I agree with that notion. I just installed weaver see-thru mounts yesterday.

Scratchammo 04-23-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 491727)
I like the buffers myself. Just keep an eye on them if you shoot any hyper velocity ammo (example-CCI Velocitors). They will get chewed up quickly, at least the Teflon ones I got did. I had no problems when using standard velocity ammo

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a box of Velocitors, I'll use them sparingly.

dog2000tj 04-23-2011 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratchammo (Post 491794)
Sorry, no pics yet. A shockwave destroyed my camera (long story).

Those darned Decepticons :mad:

Boyerracing343 04-23-2011 11:17 PM

We need pictures...