Made a short trip to the rifle range today with Jo Da Plumbr to test fire my friend's M1A Bush after making some repairs on it.
Replaced the hammer which was binding on the disconnector, and replaced the broken hammer spring housing.
Conditions were POURING rain and HOWLING winds, full value. Even though the shooting benches are covered, everything got soaked. Oh, well.
The good news is that the Bush model functioned perfectly, and I dialed it in at 200 on steel. I tried it with some old IMI Samson 150grSP, Federal 150grSP (Wally World), and some South African 150gr ball.
Here are a couple of pics of the Bush model on the bench, along with some water.
Here is one of the range and benches.
And one of our very own Jo Da Plumbr drilling stuff with his 6.8.
We got his new Super Sniper dialed in out to 400, and next time out we will lapp his LaRue mount which is just a bit out of alignment. Too cold and windy to lapp today, even though we had the stuff along to do it. We even had a chance to try the adjustments on his scope and they were spot on.
And now I have dis-assembled rifles, and wet gear laying out all over the house drying, to the utter joy of my wife.