After a few weeks of the C-93 sitting in the safe, I finally got out to see if she could be broken in.
I started with 10 rds of Aquila 55gr. .223. Each was a FTE so I moved on to some Winchester 5.56. My thought was that the higher pressure cartridge would help. First shot ejected just like it should!
So fired off 19 more rds and each ejected normally. Hah, the clerk at the local Big 5 argued with me that there is no difference between 5.56 and .223. So maybe it was coincidence but I'm felling good now. But wait, it gets better!
Now out of the only box of 5.56 I brought, I switched back to .223. This time Fiocchi 55gr. I shot off 20 more rds. Each ejected! So I switched back to the Aquila and shot 10 more rds. Each ejected! I guess she just needed some break in time.
So I shot 60 rds today with the first 10 being FTE. The last 50 worked just fine and I had no mangled brass out of the lot. Like I said, this was a quick trip. Consequently, I forgot the camera so no picks, but with iron sights at 75 yrds I was consistently 1-2" low but right under the bull. Not bad, I don't think, for shooting from a standing a position and not being familiar with the rifle. Plus, I never walked up to see were I was on target through out the experiment. I'm stoked now and cant wait to try again!