Century C-93 (HK clone) - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Century C-93 (HK clone)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks afi1. I'll give that a try. One thing that's been changed on these rifles is the barrel. Their new and clean but maybe not broken in well. I'll give it a shot and post back later.

Disclaimer: I'm purposely trying to post as much as I can on this post. When searching for info on this rifle I didn't find too much. So maybe we can pass on to the next person.
Marlin 882SS
Century C-93

Old 04-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #12

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

It takes good (high)gas pressure to operate the bolts on those type weapons,and it does take a while to break them in. It could just be the ammo doesn't have a high enough gas pressure to fully operate the bolt assembly,and every thing is still too tight for it to cycle properly.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by signofbarsoom View Post
It's definitely a cycling problem. Not being accustomed to semi-auto rifles its coming slowly but I realized that hand cycling always ejects a case. In other words the case stays positively attached to the bolt face until its fully retracted and the case is knocked out of the chamber by the ejector.

So why is the bolt not cycling all the way rearward??? Round goes bang, pressure shoves bolt back, but not all the way... so I figure there is too much resistance against the bolt.

It is hard to rack the slide back so I took it apart last night and cleaned it again. I really didn't find much more of that manufacturing grit inside. Must have got it the first time. Also, the bolt moves freely inside the rifle body. It's not a tight fit but its not too loose where it would bind if canted. I like my guns clean so I usually coat lightly with Breekfree CLP. Maybe I need to run my rifle wetter? So she is sitting in the safe with a thick coat of CLP inside. Unfortunately, it will be awhile before I get to take her out again. I racked it back a forth many times. Maybe its freed it up some but I'm not confident.

Two more things:
The recoil spring seems to be in fine shape. It doesn't bind at all and doesn't seem to have an excessive tension on it. Of course, that's not very scientific so if anyone has something to say about that let me know.

Finally, and this is probably a complete long shot, since I was shooting .223 I got 20rds of 5.56 to try. The rifle is chambered for it but it shouldn't have had a problem with the .223.
I think that I may be able to help ya. The first time I took out my Century Arms C93 Sporter the first round went off just fine, and then...FTE time! Failure to extract. It wouldn't extract the spent casing, but the next round fed right in beneath it! Aghhhh!!!!

Well that did it. I was so mad! After about 10 mintues of messing with the cocking tube and seeing that the bolt would not close all the way, I thought that I'd better try it again. BOOM, round fired successfully, but it was still a bolt action NIGHTMARE!!!

So, I went through about 30 rounds of manually working the cocking lever after each round I fired. Then it happened, the gun went into action (semi-auto that is). After that, I went through about 150 rounds, FTE free! I guess it just needed to be broken in. There must have been some grime or debris in the receiver that impeded the return action of the bolt, causing it to only go back partially.

BTW: I've only used Wolf 55 grain .223 FMJ ammo. I've since put about 400 rounds through her and she's worked like a champ.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 AM   #14

That's encouraging! I'm in limbo until I can get out again but I did try cycling a full mag like afi1 suggested. Each unfired round ejects by cycling the slide manually. If I pull back the slide hard enough the round will fly out several feet. The extractor and ejector are definitely doing their jobs. So I think everything said so far is on the money. I just need to break it in as frustrating as it is. Oh well, I knew that was a possibility and it's the cheapest one to deal with!

I saw your video when I was researching. Man you must hate pumpkins! Good music by the way.
Marlin 882SS
Century C-93

Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #15

UPDATE:

After a few weeks of the C-93 sitting in the safe, I finally got out to see if she could be broken in.

I started with 10 rds of Aquila 55gr. .223. Each was a FTE so I moved on to some Winchester 5.56. My thought was that the higher pressure cartridge would help. First shot ejected just like it should! So fired off 19 more rds and each ejected normally. Hah, the clerk at the local Big 5 argued with me that there is no difference between 5.56 and .223. So maybe it was coincidence but I'm felling good now. But wait, it gets better!

Now out of the only box of 5.56 I brought, I switched back to .223. This time Fiocchi 55gr. I shot off 20 more rds. Each ejected! So I switched back to the Aquila and shot 10 more rds. Each ejected! I guess she just needed some break in time.

So I shot 60 rds today with the first 10 being FTE. The last 50 worked just fine and I had no mangled brass out of the lot. Like I said, this was a quick trip. Consequently, I forgot the camera so no picks, but with iron sights at 75 yrds I was consistently 1-2" low but right under the bull. Not bad, I don't think, for shooting from a standing a position and not being familiar with the rifle. Plus, I never walked up to see were I was on target through out the experiment. I'm stoked now and cant wait to try again!
Marlin 882SS
Century C-93

Old 05-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Glad to hear that it's working itself out for you.

Congrats.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Here are some pics of my new clipped and pinned SUO lower for my Century C93 Sporter. It arrived in the mail today. The first time I ordered it the mail man was on vacation and the sub refused to deliver it 'cause she didn't know me!??

Anyway, I let Marty from Shockwave know and he shipped a new one to me within days. He was really nice and his customer service was great.

I took the trigger pack out of the CIA C93 and dropped it right into the SUO lower from Shockwave. It fit like a glove. I have yet to fire the rifle with the new C&P lower, but I'll be sure to post a video and report as soon as I do. In the meantime, here are some pics.

Century C-93 (HK clone) - Range Report
Century C-93 (HK clone) - Range Report

Old 05-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #18

Thats pretty slick ARnoob. Two questions for you. Is that pistol grip a little thicker than stock? And is it made in the USA?
Marlin 882SS
Century C-93