You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Can I legally shoot outdoors in Il? (Other than a range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrednk View Post
Even if you never have a desire to hunt game, your local fish & game office
will gladly provide the info you seek & provide maps to areas that allow
target practice! (Thats how it "used to be" in California over 20 yrs ago) &
in Idaho, the Idfg is very helpfull! And ask some gunstores in your area
about the "primitive ones" that might exist in your area that are known
mainly by "the locals" like the one in our hunting area!
Im going to try that.Ive been hunting around for a place to shoot and NOTHIN! I will try the Illinois DNR and see if they can help.Ill probably be better off trying c3shooters idea and ask farmers if I may shoot on their property.Who knows I may get a place and a partner to shoot with if Im real real lucky.Right now Ill take anyplace to shoot (legal of course).I would prefer private property because I think that will be less hassle but the DNR is on my list too. Maybe Ill find someone here and it would be a fellow shooter too. I dont wanna push it, Ive already got my fingers crossed on a place to target shoot...
Thanks for the input!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
CK3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
Im going to try that.Ive been hunting around for a place to shoot and NOTHIN! I will try the Illinois DNR and see if they can help.Ill probably be better off trying c3shooters idea and ask farmers if I may shoot on their property.Who knows I may get a place and a partner to shoot with if Im real real lucky.Right now Ill take anyplace to shoot (legal of course).I would prefer private property because I think that will be less hassle but the DNR is on my list too. Maybe Ill find someone here and it would be a fellow shooter too. I dont wanna push it, Ive already got my fingers crossed on a place to target shoot...
Thanks for the input!!!
I know this is a VERY old post but I was wondering if you found anywhere? I just moved from Minooka to Manhattan IL. & Ive been on the hunt for an outdoor place to shoot my toys. I would love to shoot steel targets for a change.. I can't stand shooting paper anymore..

Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #13

Liked 206 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I don't really know how laws are where your at but I had to go to the city hall talk to a couple of different people, they had to check where the property was so determine if it was out of city limits and they had to send a guy out to make sure we had the a safe area.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Xe the law is a distance from any residence. If you know any farm owners thats the best. I used to shoot and target practice at a farm in lake county. The farm is gone now but cops showed up and will ask questions but as long as if you are within the distance law and not killing anything out of season. so if you have enough space allowed to be there and doing what you should be doing you should be fine.