BUTT-HOLE range officers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > BUTT-HOLE range officers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default BUTT-HOLE range officers

Everytime i go to my gun range the range officers get more and more aggresive. They foam out the mouth. My gunrange is knob creek and the range officers are big buttholes. I went inside and my two sons were old enough and responsible enough so i can trust them with the weapons. Well as soon as i go inside the range officer waddles up and starts grabbing the weapons and checks if they were loaded when the breach blocks were in so you would know its unloaded and he only did what he did cause i wasnt currently present just my 13 year old and 17 year old

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 AM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Many may disagree with me, but here I go.

First, look at going to a different range. If that fails, file complaints (I'm also assuming this is a paid membership range)

Rifleman's Creed: This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If anyone (other than where state laws.... yadda yadda yadda) especially a private citizen, forcibly disarms a person, that is assault.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7647 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9566

I wonder if it has to do with liability and insurance issues?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I wonder if it has to do with liability and insurance issues?
Doesn't matter, taking someones firearm by force, even to check that it isn't loaded is still assault, except in the case of LE operating within regulations (which, when force is used, usually also has something to do with an uncooperative suspect, or sometimes just a misunderstanding)

If a civilian, even a range officer, even if I've paid to be there and abide by their rules, takes my firearm out of my hand or holster, for any reason without allowing me to "unload, show clear" and retain it for myself, they just walked into nose breaking territory.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #5

And on another point, to the OP, since I've left the military, I don't allow anyone to act aggressive to me.

Of course defusing the situation or vacating the area should always be the first steps, and this may involve just quitting the range.

In which case, file complaints as I said above. the BBB should be happy to take your complaint, they make it public too, and you could also persuade your friends to (honestly or dishonestly, it's up to you) file similar complaints.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

like someone posted, i would find another range or file a complaint with the owners. and if the guns are safed, and not being fired at the moment, then he has no right to put his hands on your property without permission.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2946 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

I have a lttle compassion for the "butt holes". They deal with a significant percentage of IDIOTS on the range. Stupid Nimrods who should not be in the same zip code with a firearm, much less handling one. They get paranoid and start presuming everyone is "gun stupid". All it takes is once and the range is sued into bankruptcy and they are out of a job.

WTS, there are some people who should not be range officers. It takes a particular breed to deal with people under such circumstances.

I would speak to the management and consider relocating to a different facility.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The local ranges in my area require that youth shooters be supervised at all times. As a responsible parent and shooter, I have no issue with supervising my kids at all times on the range. If I need to leave the range for any reason, my kids come off the firing line until I return.

And I do this even though my son and grandson are probably more responsible than 50% of the adults on the range at any given time.

IMO, everyone that wants to shoot at the range should read and abide by the range rules. If you don't like them, then shoot somewhere else, or join the club and work to get the rules changed (but abide by them in the meantime).

The RSO at the range I shoot at most is, I will admit, not Mr. Congenial and is not very friendly (which probably cuts down on memberships...but that's another issue). But, the less than congenial RSO does run a safe range, and that is much appreciated.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 213 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbo123 View Post
Everytime i go to my gun range the range officers get more and more aggresive. They foam out the mouth. My gunrange is knob creek and the range officers are big buttholes. I went inside and my two sons were old enough and responsible enough so i can trust them with the weapons. Well as soon as i go inside the range officer waddles up and starts grabbing the weapons and checks if they were loaded when the breach blocks were in so you would know its unloaded and he only did what he did cause i wasnt currently present just my 13 year old and 17 year old
From the range website:

"Parental supervision is required for anyone under the age of 18. You must be 18 years old to shoot a long gun and 21 years of age to shoot a handgun unless you have a parent with you."

SO---you left the kids unsupervised, with the guns laying out (not bagged or cased)? Sounds like the RSO might have over-reacted a bit, but rules are
rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them or go somewhere else.

We have some rules at the range where I am a member that I think are
pretty stupid--but I abide by them as a condition of membership.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
From the range website:

"Parental supervision is required for anyone under the age of 18. You must be 18 years old to shoot a long gun and 21 years of age to shoot a handgun unless you have a parent with you."

SO---you left the kids unsupervised, with the guns laying out (not bagged or cased)? Sounds like the RSO might have over-reacted a bit, but rules are
rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them or go somewhere else.

We have some rules at the range where I am a member that I think are
pretty stupid--but I abide by them as a condition of membership.
^^^Exactly put!

Sometimes I wonder about people with guns being so eager to lose their temper over insignificant crap that happens to them. We all dislike it when we feel that we've been wronged, but give it some thought before blowing a fuse.