Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Broke in new Ruger LCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default Broke in new Ruger LCR

Took out my new Ruger LCR 38special today.
Shot a box of pvri patrizan 158gr LRN.
Top target was aimed slow fire 25rds @21ft. Was hitting low left took a little finger contact off the trigger
and it started to hit a little closer to center.

Bottom target was rapid fire 25rds @10ft + 5rds of Fed 129gr Hydra-Shok +P
Recoil was surprisingly light with the 158grLRN given the @14oz weight of the LCR. The +P Hydrashoks would open your eyes a bit ,
but was still managable and not at all painful in rapid fire.
I've never been a very good shot with a revolver, I need to work on my grip and trigger control, but hope with practice I can get better.
No probs. or malfunctions, Think this is gonna be a great little carry piece---Ken

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think the big difference between the target load and the Hydra-shock + Ps has more to do with the Serbian light loads.

I'm a recoil junkie and when I got my Elsie Ahrr I was shooting 38 specials and some 38 special + P's. Both were talking to my arthritic wrist! Not a show stopper but a hand full for a 13.5 oz hand gun.

With experience, and adapting a NON-1911 grip, I found a significant improvement in comfort.

After buying a brick of the privi with it's lighter loads, shooting this light weight is simply a blast.

I recommend trying point shooting. NOT "fast draws" but at PD distances shooting off hand.

I find this snubby easy to accurately shoot one handed. At 4 meters I can put the double tap into COM before my weak side hand comes to the gun.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Those are just some cool little revolver's! Thanks for the pic and write-up.