Beretta PX4 Storm - range report

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Beretta PX4 Storm - range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beretta PX4 Storm - range report

I finally got to the range with my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and ran some rounds through it. I ran 2 full magazines of 15 rounds at each target and went through about 300 rounds, total, at other B27 targets.

First target - 25 feet

Sixth (last) target - 25 feet

I also had my Walther PPS .40 cal with me but I couldn't hit squat with it. I don't know if it was just a bad day for me using .40 cal or that I'm really not used to the much smaller and lighter weapon. I scattered rounds 6 ways to hell and back on the targets and it looked like I'd used an open choke shotgun on the silly things. I'll have to practice a lot more with it before I post any photos for that weapon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #2

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I finally got to the range with my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and ran some rounds through it. I ran 2 full magazines of 15 rounds at each target and went through about 300 rounds, total, at other B27 targets.

First target - 25 feet

Sixth (last) target - 25 feet

I also had my Walther PPS .40 cal with me but I couldn't hit squat with it. I don't know if it was just a bad day for me using .40 cal or that I'm really not used to the much smaller and lighter weapon. I scattered rounds 6 ways to hell and back on the targets and it looked like I'd used an open choke shotgun on the silly things. I'll have to practice a lot more with it before I post any photos for that weapon.
Very nice shooting. I had one in .40 and loved it until the 1911 fever got me.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Acid, at 25 feet with either gun, you did hit the damn target, pretty much in the spread out, center mass area, from belly to chest.

Tight groups? No, but one thing is for sure Bro, them damn targets are dead, and they won't bother you any more.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default thinking of the 9

I don't have a 9mm and I've been considering the PX4 I have it in .45 and love it. How do you like yours and is it full size?[ Here's a target from a few months ago... I'm getting better but don't have the picture maybe I'll go today

Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
I don't have a 9mm and I've been considering the PX4 I have it in .45 and love it. How do you like yours and is it full size?
I'm finding I like it better than my P226 Sig Sauer and Walther PPS, both .40 cal. It is full size with the double-stacker magazine. I think what really draws me to it is the single-action trigger pull. It's not stiff AND it's short.