Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

So I took my Beretta PX4 Storm to the range for the second time today and I figured I'd post my results here for you guys to see. This is a 9mm and I was shooting whatever ammo the range sold me for cheap. Not sure what this type of target is called, but they're about 17 in tall and 11 in wide.

This is my first 17 rounds at 18 ft:

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about that last one.

The top five were from me aiming higher so I could see where I was hitting since I was digging a big ole hole in the target.

Here's another clip of 17 at 25 ft:

And yet again, I wouldn't worry about that last one.

I guess that low right MISS can be considered my signature shot since I managed to hit almost the exact same spot on both targets. Go figure.

Looks like I am shooting low. From what I can tell when shooting I am aiming the right way at the center of the target. I'll give it a few more tries and then attempt to adjust the way I aim.

Anybody have any advice on what to do to get my aim up slightly so I am hitting the actual 10 instead of groups below it?

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #2

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I went with a couple of guys from work. One guy had never fired a handgun before, so I let him shoot with mine initially, then our buddy let us try his .45 commander. That thing had a bit of kick to it, and it ejected the brass like crazy, they went bouncing all over the place.

An epic moment was when the beginner fired my gun and a piece of brass actually plinked into the little pocket on the side of the lane and he turns around to me with a big grin on his face. He had previously mentioned that one landing in there would be rare indeed.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

So how do you like the Storm?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
So how do you like the Storm?
It's the best thing since sliced bread! Now that I have shot a couple of other guns as well I like it even more. It fits me perfectly. The first time I fired it I was in love.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
So I took my Beretta PX4 Storm to the range for the second time today and I figured I'd post my results here for you guys to see. This is a 9mm and I was shooting whatever ammo the range sold me for cheap. Not sure what this type of target is called, but they're about 17 in tall and 11 in wide.

This is my first 17 rounds at 18 ft:

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about that last one.

The top five were from me aiming higher so I could see where I was hitting since I was digging a big ole hole in the target.

Here's another clip of 17 at 25 ft:

And yet again, I wouldn't worry about that last one.

I guess that low right MISS can be considered my signature shot since I managed to hit almost the exact same spot on both targets. Go figure.

Looks like I am shooting low. From what I can tell when shooting I am aiming the right way at the center of the target. I'll give it a few more tries and then attempt to adjust the way I aim.

Anybody have any advice on what to do to get my aim up slightly so I am hitting the actual 10 instead of groups below it?
Have you checked sight zero on a bench?

If sights are good and you're still hitting low my guess is you're flinching.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
Have you checked sight zero on a bench?

If sights are good and you're still hitting low my guess is you're flinching.
Haven't done that. Wouldn't even know where to start with that. I might be flinching. Will take that into consideration next time I go and maybe have someone take a look at me while I fire. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
Haven't done that. Wouldn't even know where to start with that. I might be flinching. Will take that into consideration next time I go and maybe have someone take a look at me while I fire. Thanks!
While a vise bench is ideal its not required. Simply shoot from a sand bag rest or something similar. The idea is to remove as much potential for human error as possible. If needed adjust your sights until they match point of impact. You should do this in five shot groups.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Good job and thanks for the report!

My advice is to put some snap caps randomly in your magazine with the live rounds. This will give away your flinches like it does mine. I don't know how to correct flinches, but the first step is acknowledging you have a problem...

Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Good job and thanks for the report!

My advice is to put some snap caps randomly in your magazine with the live rounds. This will give away your flinches like it does mine. I don't know how to correct flinches, but the first step is acknowledging you have a problem...
That's what I was gonna say, only have someone else load your magazines so you don't know where the snap caps are. You should be able to tell if your flinching when you get to the snap cap, but have someone watch you just in case. Also, using those same snap caps and dry firing while at home will help with the flinching.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Two quick questions you can ask yourself that may indicate whether you are anticipating recoil (flinching):

1) Did everyone else shoot low with your pistol?
2) Did you shoot low with every pistol?

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Tags
beretta, px4