Beretta PX4 Storm, 25ft, B27Q-RED targets - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Beretta PX4 Storm, 25ft, B27Q-RED targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I'd say you killed the bad guy. Even with the "snap shooting" you were still on target at center mass. Those hits would make any perp think twice about messing around with you.

How do you like the PX4 Storm? It seems there are a few of us who have recently been out on the range with them...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/beretta-px4-storm-19778/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/beretta-px4-storm-range-report-19551/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/beretta-px4-storm-9mm-19471/

And your post reminds me that I need to get to the range to practice on the B-27 targets. Those are used in the Corporate Challenge shooting matches and I just got 100 from Midway USA.
I do love the PX4. Since I got this as my first sidearm I have shot a few other guns, but this is by far my favorite so far.

I am thinking about getting a compact for when I naturalize (then I can get my concealed carry) and I held a whole bunch of guns, and the ones that stuck out to me were the Springfield XD Compact and the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact, both in 9mm. I think I am going to buy the S&W since it is completely ambidextrous. Being a leftie can sometimes be a bit cumbersome, especially with the slide lock.

As far as deadness goes, I wonder how I'll do in a pressured situation. There's only one way to find out: take some combat courses and compete. Getting my heart rate up there and then trying to shoot will prove if I will survive or not.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
A target shooting Caneism:

"Do NOT stew about tight groups! I believe in multiple traumas to multiple systems. More holes in = more blood out! Lower the blood pressure and you stop the threat!"
That's an awesome philosophy. I think my amendment to that will be: "Sorry officer, I shot three shots in short succession, the headshot was just a miss! Honestly!"

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
That's an awesome philosophy. I think my amendment to that will be: "Sorry officer, I shot three shots in short succession, the headshot was just a miss! Honestly!"
In other words:

Tags
beretta, px4, range report