Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Beretta PX4 Storm, 25ft, 12"x18" splatters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta PX4 Storm, 25ft, 12"x18" splatters

This Saturday and Sunday I went to my favorite range in Charlotte, Firepower Inc. Courteous staff and excellent range with good ventilation. Saturday I put 100 rounds of Remington 9mm through the gun, and it did not agree with the Remington ammunition at all. Four smoke stacks resulting in four tap-rack-bangs. So far I have put around 600 rounds through this baby and this was the first time ever I had a failure. I chalked it up to the rounds.

Saturday, 2009-11-14:

34 rounds (2 clips) at 25 feet.

All over the target. Still low-right, indicating that I am gripping the gun too tight. Working on it, can't seem to get it right.

Sunday, 2009-11-15:

17 rounds (1 clip) at 25 feet.

Way, way better. Also low-right, but better than before. Apparently I have to cover the entire bulls-eye with my sighs, or I don't hit where I am aiming. What am I doing wrong?

Sunday I was shooting some no-name brand that I don't even remember, but at least they all cycled. I put 50 rounds through the gun, warming up on a B27Q-RED target.

Either way, those are some dead sunsuvbitches.

As for the aiming issue, am I doing it right? What do I need to think about when doing this? I keep getting low-right hits, and most of the time I have to cover the entire bulls-eye. Is that the way I am supposed to aim?

Thankful for any input from you masters!

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #2

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You shoot southpaw?

Are you strong side left?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You shoot southpaw?

Are you strong side left?
What does "strong side left" mean? When shooting I aim with one eye open, my right. I know, I should do it with both, but my results doing that sucks ass.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 AM   #4

As for aiming, I felt that I have to clarify. My left eye is a bit lazy, so when I try to aim with both eyes open my spatial perception is diminished. I have tried working on this, but it just doesn't turn out as good as when I close my left eye when shooting.

Tags
beretta, px4, range report