Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Baby girl's first trip to the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/baby-girls-first-trip-range-59222/)

1HotMama 03-02-2012 04:16 AM

Baby girl's first trip to the range

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter turned 11 today and I surprised her with a trip to the range. She's been dying to go since I bought the Glock. My dude let me borrow his 1911 .22 as well. She loved it but liked shooting the .22 more than the 9mm (she will grow in to it lol). She shot 200 rounds with the .22. Got in the car to leave and she asks me when I'm taking her back! She and I had quite the audience and the range master was wonderful with her.

Attachment 40428

rigjumpr 03-02-2012 04:29 AM

Outstanding report, although any time spent at the range is good, but there’s nothing better than to spend that time with the young ones.

1HotMama 03-02-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigjumpr
Outstanding report, although any time spent at the range is good, but there’s nothing better than to spend that time with the young ones.

It was a great time. I figured she would either love it or hate it. I was a nervous wreck at first (total hovering Mama Bear) but very quickly she was dropping magazines and racking the slide like a pro.

The_Kid 03-02-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1HotMama (Post 725902)
My daughter turned 11 today and I surprised her with a trip to the range. She's been dying to go since I bought the Glock. My dude let me borrow his 1911 .22 as well. She loved it but liked shooting the .22 more than the 9mm (she will grow in to it lol). She shot 200 rounds with the .22. Got in the car to leave and she asks me when I'm taking her back! She and I had quite the audience and the range master was wonderful with her.

Attachment 40428

Very cool! Good to hear she had a good experience!

fmj 03-02-2012 12:38 PM

GREATNESS!!

Love to hear about kids getting started and loving it!

Good job mom!!!

winds-of-change 03-02-2012 12:41 PM

Great report, Mama. Just keep letting her shoot that .22 until she asks to shoot something larger. The point is to keep it fun. I'm so glad you both had a great time. I'm excited for you and your daughter.

cottontop 03-02-2012 01:42 PM

That sounds great. My daughter took the hunter safety class when she was 9 years old. She may be the youngest girl to ever have completed it in Florida. She had trouble shooting some of the larger guns and the bow, but she made it through. It is good when young people have an interest in our hobby.
cottontop

Gert999 03-02-2012 01:52 PM

That great :D My daughter is 8 at the moment can't wait to take her to the range. She has gone out and shot a .22 rifle with me and she loves to shoot her pink bb gun i got her for x-mas. Have fun and p.s. range time will prolly work great as bribery, Extra chores, better test scores etc.

1HotMama 03-02-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert999
That great :D My daughter is 8 at the moment can't wait to take her to the range. She has gone out and shot a .22 rifle with me and she loves to shoot her pink bb gun i got her for x-mas. Have fun and p.s. range time will prolly work great as bribery, Extra chores, better test scores etc.

Luckily she's the kind of kid who doesn't really require bribery to do what she's supposed to do. Her little brother, on the other hand...he's a horse of a different color entirely.

Gert999 03-02-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1HotMama (Post 726229)
Luckily she's the kind of kid who doesn't really require bribery to do what she's supposed to do. Her little brother, on the other hand...he's a horse of a different color entirely.

Thats good for ur girl anyway well bribe the boy and reward her with range time when she does really good on tests or something. works either way ;) Mine doesn't have to many chores besides her room at the moment, but she gets to shoot if she gets A's on two spelling test it encourages her to study hard :D