Asshat At The Range - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Asshat At The Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #31
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2110 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 4544

We have the same problems here at the City Range. Instructions are told at the desk and everytime at the range. They have a very loud mike to pass the instructions and people still do not listen. The Range Control Officer(s) and the Range Master are going their jobs to protect other shooters at the range.

If they the people who want to do their own thing and not obey the range rules, complain to the city and attempt to get their way! Just plain nuts!

We have the shooting positions that are on concrete, when the range is cold (cease-fire), you can cross over the concrete; but, no standing on concrete or touching the firearms. Firearms (long rifles and blackpowder - pistol and rifle) are muzzle up on the back bench.

The one thing keeps me going to City range, is the outdoors and the price of an annual pass of $100.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
We have the same problems here at the City Range. Instructions are told at the desk and everytime at the range. They have a very loud mike to pass the instructions and people still do not listen. The Range Control Officer(s) and the Range Master are going their jobs to protect other shooters at the range.

If they the people who want to do their own thing and not obey the range rules, complain to the city and attempt to get their way! Just plain nuts!

We have the shooting positions that are on concrete, when the range is cold (cease-fire), you can cross over the concrete; but, no standing on concrete or touching the firearms. Firearms (long rifles and blackpowder - pistol and rifle) are muzzle up on the back bench.

The one thing keeps me going to City range, is the outdoors and the price of an annual pass of $100.
At the private range I go to you can have the firearms on the shooting bench (muzzles always pointed downrange) or in the rack behind the shooting bench, all firearms must have actions open and all must be individually inspected by a range officer with each cease fire. I have no problem with that. Clear and concise rules and strict adherence to those rules make for a safe shooting environment. If you bitch about the rules you will leave.

I have never been to a publicly owned range, or at least not really. I don't think I would like it there if I did go.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #33
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2110 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 4544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
At the private range I go to you can have the firearms on the shooting bench (muzzles always pointed downrange) or in the rack behind the shooting bench, all firearms must have actions open and all must be individually inspected by a range officer with each cease fire. I have no problem with that. Clear and concise rules and strict adherence to those rules make for a safe shooting environment. If you bitch about the rules you will leave.

I have never been to a publicly owned range, or at least not really. I don't think I would like it there if I did go.
I talked with a few that come to the city range that have membership at the private ranges. It is both good and bad; however, almost all the private outdoor ranges are 1 hour drive one way.