Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Ar is broken :( (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/ar-broken-69281/)

xcoreyyyx 07-31-2012 12:09 AM

Ar is broken :(

1 Attachment(s)
My friend and I took his AR to the range today yet again. I sighted in his primary arms pac3x scope that is brand new practically(3rd time using it). Got it sighted in at 25 yards. Shoots absolutely perfect no problems what so ever. Moved target to 50 yards, shot at center bullseye expecting a little bullet drop, the hole was 4 inches above the bullseye. It didn't make any sense to either of us. We put 10 rounds down range with all the same result. All above the bullseye. Moved the target back to 25 yards, shot dead on. At 50 yards, I had it absolutely perfect line straight above the bullseye but a centimeter here and there between bullets trying to figure out what was wrong. We are still clueless about the whole situation. Didn't know if it was a defective scope or what. He is checking into it tonight. Any ideas? Picture @ 25 yards zeroing in, 30 rnds.

mountainman13 07-31-2012 12:13 AM

It's perfectly fine. Don't worry about it.
Try it at 100 yards.

jjfuller1 07-31-2012 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
its not broke. thats the bullet trajectory. you sighted it in at 25yds. that is pretty close for a scope. so after the bullet hits 25 yards it starts "climbing up" past the axis of the scope so at 50 it was hitting high. i bet if you shot it at 100 or 200 you would be closer to the center again as the bullet begins to fall.

note. whenever you sight in a scope the scopes line of sight will differ from the path the bullet travels, thus the scope will intersecte the bullets path at 2 distances. and be either higher or lower at all other distances in between.
hope the picture helps

willfully armed 07-31-2012 12:16 AM

xcoreyyyx 07-31-2012 12:27 AM

Crap 100 range. This dude there last time was talking about all of these competitions and all he has shot at and all of the guns he had. I was pretty taken back by it all. He was just handing us stuff to shoot and just on and on about all the competitions he has shot at. Tried to help out here and there. Pretty awesome of an older man to just "take to" some youngers that are seemingly "heathen". The ar is forever broken. It was the 3rd time shooting it and its having nothing but issues xD The title was towards the issues he is having with it considering there are probably less than 200 rounds through it. Not so much the scope that he could have paid 100$ more and got something worth the money. But as I said in the last thread about his AR, its his money and its his gun. Can't really tell him too much with how to shoot it or what to get for it.

xcoreyyyx 07-31-2012 12:30 AM

BTW, I am not one to buy any type of scope. I have always learned to shoot irons up to 100 yards. Then you can barely make out a quarter.

jjfuller1 07-31-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx (Post 887569)
Crap 100 range. This dude there last time was talking about all of these competitions and all he has shot at and all of the guns he had. I was pretty taken back by it all. He was just handing us stuff to shoot and just on and on about all the competitions he has shot at. Tried to help out here and there. Pretty awesome of an older man to just "take to" some youngers that are seemingly "heathen". The ar is forever broken. It was the 3rd time shooting it and its having nothing but issues xD The title was towards the issues he is having with it considering there are probably less than 200 rounds through it. Not so much the scope that he could have paid 100$ more and got something worth the money. But as I said in the last thread about his AR, its his money and its his gun. Can't really tell him too much with how to shoot it or what to get for it.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

xcoreyyyx 07-31-2012 12:36 AM

100 Yard range max :(:(:(:(

xcoreyyyx 07-31-2012 12:38 AM

Friend is having ejection and chambering issues with it. Sometimes it wants to double feed, sometimes it wont even feed anything into the chamber. The bolt totally misses. Last time, mistake was on his part by not bringing a wrench to tighten down the scope and he wasn't driving 30 mins home then 30 mins back. It has been nothing but let downs for him. I feel bad for him.

towboater 07-31-2012 12:40 AM

Probably mag issues.