Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > any outdoor shooting places that are NOT a range in northern Illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default any outdoor shooting places that are NOT a range in northern Illinois?

Hey guys, newbie here, I moved temporarily to Illinois and I couldn't find info on the net so I'm posting here. Is shooting guns (target practice) legal in forests in Illinois ore northern Indiana? If yes, any 411on location would help.
Thanks a bunch!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Billy, I know of a couple of places on the WI.- ILL. border in South Eastern WI. and you don't need a FOID card either. PM me if your interested and I'll hook you up with the locations. Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #3

Liked 124 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 213

as far as northern illinois goes, maybe if you're on a large portion of private property, i'm pretty sure thats NOT allowed in the forest preserves. not sure about indiana, tho.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by censoredsnell View Post
hey Joe how's it going? It's David that guy that you guys ordered the Savage 7mm mag for
David was up? If you get time stop by the "Introduction" section and introduce yourself to the rest of the crew. I've read another one of your posts and I think you will fit in nicely with this merry band in tights. Alright, I only where tights when I'm home alone with the dog.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.