Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Another range report on Indy's Glock 19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Another range report on Indy's Glock 19

A couple days ago, my Glock 19 slipped out of its holster as I was unlocking my front door and landed on my concrete porch with a loud thud. Needless to say I was angry and worried. I quickly inspected the firearm and saw it had no cosmetic damage at all (not a scratch, nor a dent, nothing).

Now while I was amazed by this, still in the back of my mind I thought that something inside had to of been broken. So I took her out yesterday to run 100 rounds through her just to make sure she was functioning properly and you know what happened?...

All 100 rounds fired without ANY failures or jams. (Bringing the total to 500 rounds since I purchased this firearm a few months ago and still no failures at all)

This also gave me a chance to practice some drills from my Magpul Dynamic Art of Handgun DVD. Here's my target.

These shots were from reloading and drawing drills. I was 10 yards away from the target. The bullets seemed to group to the lower left of the target probably from poor trigger control. I'm still debating on getting that 3.5 pound trigger for my 19.

Lastly, I would like to add that I'm not bragging about the ruggedness of Glock and this isn't some kind of "Torture" test. I'm sure lots of other handguns could hit concrete and still fire. I'm just sharing my stories with you because I'm not a Glock fan, this is my first polymer handgun, and at first I was scared to own one because of all the negative critique I've heard about them. But now that I've experienced Glock first hand, I'm slowly becoming a believer and I can proudly say that I would trust my life to a Glock handgun any day of the week.

Last edited by indyfan; 11-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #2

That's a great testament for the 19. I also had not ben a fan for the last 20+ years but broke down a few months back and I'm beginning to love them. I opted for the model 22 in .40, and am now trying to decide between a model 27 and a S & W Bodyguard in .38spl. It's becoming quite a difficult decision!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Yeah, them poly Glocks are tough. The real test though will be pistol whipping someone with a hard head!

Thanks for the report, nice shooting and as you stated you could be having some trigger issues, just keep a working on that smooth trigger pull.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

Well, I went for the Glock 27 and boy, am I happy! I've been wearing it a Galco ankle rig and it feels like nothing is there. So far no problems in the break-in phase, but I've only put premium rounds through it. On the next range visit I'll try some cheapo stuff and see how it feeds.

Now I'm wondering if I might have a need for a Model 23, it's sort of like a sickness....

Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #5

Default Service

Sir; pictures; with a range report; when you can. Many years of service await you. practice; practice; and more practice
Good choice

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Looks like you did some good with your drills, Indyfan. I've been keeping an eye out for a used 19. I figure it's been over 7 years since I sold my 22 and since everyone should have at least one I'll pick one up in 9mm this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azvoiceman View Post
That's a great testament for the 19.
Great testament??? I would have been surprised and extremely dissapointed if there was ANY sort of functional (or significant cosmetic) damage resulting from a simple drop on ANY firearm, much less the Glock 19, which has a rep for being one of the toughest pistols on the planet.

I've read through torture tests of a Glock 17, as well as the XD 9. BOTH of those guns can survive some hardcore treatment. The XD 9 in the test I saw, was thrown from a 60' cliff, only to lose it's loaded chamber indicator and catch a scratch or two.

Many guns have been subjected to this sort of testing. The Ruger SP101 and various AK-47s were also among the most impressive I've seen. Most guns I buy are survivors of this test.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #7

Gotta love the G19.....

Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

I went and practiced my lessons from Warrior Concepts International Defensive Combat Handgun Seminars. Practice makes perfect. This is from my last range outing.

Did I forget to mention I am a Space Cowboy.

May also look into a better holster. Try Blackhawk CQC SERPA Active Retention Holster.

Last edited by Shihan; 11-21-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #9

Your looking good there Space Cowboy.....lol..

Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is that a Borchardt pistol Shihan?

dang, you've got a pretty damn old gun