Akkar model 300 HD shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Akkar model 300 HD shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default Akkar model 300 HD shotgun

I took her out today put 100 rounds of federal 2/3" 1 1/8 shot, #7.5 shot. 12 gauge, I tried two different chokes an open one that I thinks just to protect the threads, and a turkey choke that comes with the gun. At 20 yards with the turkey choke I had an average of 9" groups out of an 18/5" barrel, with the other choke I have no clue how bit the group was I'm guessing at least 3 feet. With the ghost ring sights they were pretty much on I hit what I was aiming at I even threw a couple of bottles up and was able to hit them out of the air.

Over all out of the 100 rounds I had one hang fire, which caught me off guard and the shotgun ended up really nailing me in the shoulder. Over all I think that the guns pretty good, feels good in the hands shoots well. Didn't have any extraction problems or cycling problems. The only real thing I don't like about the gun is it's made in turkey. I try not to buy not american guns but I thought I would try it out.

Over all I would recommend this gun, so far, but only time will tell if this gun was worth the money.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

You would be surprised by the quality of Turkish shotguns. They may not be finished well but they aren't bad. There is a company in the us (forget name) that makes a business of getting the Turkish guns putting a good fit and finish on them and adding engraving work and making a huge profit.

I don't need No stinking signature.