You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

AK-47 Tasco Reddot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've seen those Tascos at Wallie World, look like well worth a try for that price, but i will give you another reasonably priced alternative to those $300++ monsters... take a look at a Vortex Strike Fire red dot system. Only $125 and they seem to work quite well. I put one on my SKS the other day and it works very well so far. Has both red and green dots, scope covers, comes with mount for flat tops and a 2x multiplyer.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Kricket,
Glad that worked out for you. Its a trip what little help a bone stock AK needs to get it shooting' better. I've used several cheap(er) optics applications on AKs along the way and found that you don't need much to improve accuracy, speed and target acquisition. I'm gonna go get one of those pretty quick after hearing/seeing the results.

Username, (strange screen name btw) check out these quick detachable mounts: Leapers UTG 5th Generation Quick Detachable Picatinny-Style Double Rail Mount AK-47 Matte - MidwayUSA

They might cost about $10 more than your standard mount, but they are incredibly convenient and hold zero well after detaching and reattaching. they are also surprisingly stout. I like to practice them with use of scope around 75-100 yards, then detach and put many holes in a target in close range, then reattach and engage further target again and repeat process.

Good Times!
Thanks Diggs! I actually just ordered that exact one. Thanks for the help!

-Shawn

Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow! That mount is super high. If you start shooting longer distances, you might want to look into a lower mount, so you can hold consistant cheek-to-stock.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #14

Liked 156 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 158

you know, i thought the same thing when i put it on, i was thinking theres no way i will be able to use this thing, but it is a lot more easy to use then it first looks as it is very easy to distance shoot with it, plus i can drop down lower to my iron sights with i prefer for long distance any way.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just bought that same scope mount only mine is the quick detach version. the only problem I had is the mounting rail was bent slightly to the the left. Did you have the same problem? My local gunsmith is going to try to bend it straighter. hopfully he can get it corrected.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #16

Liked 156 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy89 View Post
I just bought that same scope mount only mine is the quick detach version. the only problem I had is the mounting rail was bent slightly to the the left. Did you have the same problem? My local gunsmith is going to try to bend it straighter. hopfully he can get it corrected.
No mine was right on and came with my AK, guess you got a bunk one, i would take it back where you bought it and replace it.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I took mine to the gun smith. turns out it wasn't the mount, my reciever was bent so he fixed it; 40 bucks later. we'll see tomorrow how it shoots. I put a 3x9 scope on it.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:06 AM   #18

what type of mount is this and where do ya get em. got a ak and would love to put a cheapo dot on it