770 sight in

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > 770 sight in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default 770 sight in

Ooooh yeeeaaaah.......I love my rifle. I took it out today, two weeks sooner then I thought I would of, and got is sighted it. It wasn't a perfect sighting in since it was windy.

I didn't really want to deal with the wind and was having a hard time seeing where I hit on the paper, even with 9x magnification since it was a white paper and I would hit the black rings a lot of the times leaving a black on black mark.

I did how ever get it sighted in to the point that it's a tad high at 50yards. I didn't take it out to 100(on paper) yet. I'm going to wait until I get some shoot-n-see target to make life easier. I was able to take it out to 400yards and hit a target that's roughy 12"x12" though.

From that everyone's said, I was expecting the rifle to jam up every chance it got. I also expecting it to not hold a group of any kind at all. But it preformed the way it should.

The action was actually nice and smooth and it fed each round just fine. It was also stacking round on holes pretty good too. I managed to get 3 shots in about a 3/4" area. It might of only been at 50yards, but for a new shooter and a new unbroken in rifle, I think that's pretty good.

I do believe the best part wasn't firing the rifle myself, but seeing the look on my girls face and hearing her shouting excitedly "OOH I HIT IT!!!" when she fire the rifle at the steel plate (250yards) and herd that "TING!" on the first shot she ever sent down range from this rifle.

All in all, I think that with some practice, this will defiantly make a great hunting rifle......already took an unlucky gopher with it. Haha

........forgot to take picture, BUT I will the next time I go to the range for sure.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Alright, finally remembered this thread. I picked up a new scope for the rifle, not the scope I was trying for at first, but a scope none the less. It's a Tasco 2.5-10x42 with a mil-dot reticle.

I did the whole boresight deal by looking through the barrel and aligning the scope, glad I did that man. First two shots I fired where three inches high and four to the left at 25yards. After bringing the sights in and hitting two shots where I wanted, I moved out to 100 yards for the final sighting.

The first three shots where, yet again, high left. I was a little bummed out seeing the group open up so wide since I was using hand loads (100gr SP, 36.9gr H4350). After adjusting, I did my part and really brought the grouping down. It went from an inch and a half to .692 vertically and .836 horizontally.

I tried one other load (87gr V-max, 39.9gr of the same powder), and got three shots in about half an inch, but never took a picture of it because I forgot my iPod. Next time I got, I'll shed if the piece of flat iron is still there and if a ones shot the same area of it or not.

image-784930982.jpg