2nd Time to the Range! (Pics)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > 2nd Time to the Range! (Pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 2nd Time to the Range! (Pics)

So i went to the range for the 2nd time this weekend and took some pics (I usually shoot on my buddies ranch). I have wanted some advice on my first handgun purchase and I got a lot of feedback. Many said to try a 9mm and .40 so I went to my local range master with my buddy to give them a try. My buddy has a Colt 1911 .45, a Luger 9mm, and a G26. I rented a G27 to try out the 2 calibers and to make my decision. Both the G26 and G27 felt similar in my hand and recoil was pretty similar. the 26 was a little more accurate but i don't think a real compact gun is right for my first handgun. My buddies Luger had a lot of recoil as well but felt a little more smooth as it had a longer barrel and butt. The shell casings discharged from the top of the gun (instead of the side like the glock) and I had a few hit me on the head (hothothot). The Colt 1911 .45 was my favorite even though it had the most recoil. I was the most accurate with the .45 surprisingly and the trigger pull and recoil was the smoothest of all the guns I fired. Here are some pics of the targets I used and guns I shot. (next time ill have separate targets for different guns to see my accuracy difference)

Me with my Rugged Hearing Protector and the G27

G26

G27

Luger 9mm

Rugged Radios ... Supplying all your communication needs!
Now Featuring 26db Hearing Protectors

chrisbrown@RuggedRadios.com
1 (888) 541-RACE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #2

Colt 1911 .45

Osama Target

1 (888) 541-RACE

Old 07-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have owned many handguns and rifles. Most have been sold, traded, replaced, sold and traded etc. I guess I'm just a gun whore.

My all time favorite pistol to shoot is the 1911. I am the most accurate with it as well and I don't find the recoil to be an issue at all.

So, what are you thinking of buying at this point?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like you have a bit of a cant to your stance there Rugged. I know guys who shoot that way quite well, but it's one of those things I look for when assessing a person's shooting stance.

Are those groupings in the "normal' categories with those same weapons??

Just wondering....

JD

Old 07-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Looks like you have a bit of a cant to your stance there Rugged. I know guys who shoot that way quite well, but it's one of those things I look for when assessing a person's shooting stance.

Are those groupings in the "normal' categories with those same weapons??

Just wondering....

JD
Thanks! i need any advice i can get. what do you mean are my groupings in the normal categories with the same weapons? I wish i would have used different targets with the different guns... ill have to do that next time.

As for the purchasing part ... i think i am going to go with a larger framed G35 or G17 for better handling and easy use

1 (888) 541-RACE

Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Rugged - I am wondering, when you normally shoot, with the groupings we are looking at in these photos, are they the same as you would normally expect?

Would you normally have that many flyers in the Bin Laden Target?

This detail might help you. You can save it, print it out and then put it right on your targets. As you are shooting right handed, it will tell you what you are doing....

correction.jpg